• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice...Please!

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
Hi, :wave:

I'm new to this so i hope it works!
I have a French Lop called Lopsy, shes around 9months old! (I will get some pics up if i know how)
I recently had her spayed (yesterday) she was v.sleepy and the Vet said she had eaten small amounts. Wanted to keep her but i wanted to bring her home, thinking she would settle more. She didnt, no eating, no drinking, no weeing or pooing. She felt cold aswell. So i rang Vets and took her back! They kept her over night. Gave her some more painkillers and some fluids!
I rang today they said she was eating and okay to come home. I had a chat with Vet and brought her home.

She usually lives outside in a shed with has my other bunnies in, but i thought best to bring her inside whilst she recovers. Is this the best idea?? or should i put her back outside but in a Hutch?

She is eating but only the Veg i am giving her.
She doesnt seem to be drinking water though...
She is pooing..
She is v.miserable, is this due to her "new change"

It really has being a hard few days..its a big step and the right step having her done.

Can anyone offer advice?

Thanks, Natalie :D

Hello there,

I would certainly keep her in overnight if she is still a little unhappy. It took my two less than 24hrs to be back to normal after spaying bit I know some bunnies take longer.
If she is pooing and eating then that is a good sign. Offer her her fave foods to tempt her.
If she is not keen to drink you could add some boiled water to her bottle/bowl. My bunnies love warmed water. Sometimes a splash of apple juice added to the water helps too. She may prefer to drink from a bowl if she normally has a bottle.
I am sure she will be fine, but I know how hard it is not to worry.
Give us an update in the morning,
Vanessa xx

when my lot have had surgery they go out during the day and in at night so they are warm and cosy. till they are running around like normal and producing plenty of poos and wees, then you know their ok!

Thanks v.much.
This morning all the veg had gone and she had eaten some museli!
I put a bowl of water in which i think she has drunk, hopefully not tipped over!
Although some water has gone from the water bottle too!
Plenty more poo's this morning, so hopefully shes coming round!
Fingers crossed!
:eek:)

Back