• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Post VHD jabbies

Now I'm sure I've read it on here before about a bunny not putting weight on his/her foot after having a jabbie.

Well... Mr Buttons had his jab on tuesday and I've noticed this evening that he isn't putting much weight on one of his front paws...I didn't know if this was related to the jab or not...

I'm gonna keep an eye on him this evening and if it's not better tomorrow then cart him off down the vets

I just wondered if any one else had seen this before

H xx

my buns have never had it(the limp, theyd o have jabs) but i have read about a lot of buns limping after the jab :?

Lola had the limp but she got it the next day..it is probably connected. i took her back to the vet as she had made herself bleed pulling fur out of the injection site. But the vet said if he gave her another injection it would counteract the VHD and she would have to have it done again:roll: It went off after a day. If you are worried though a trip to the vet can do no harm. I'm going to be a wreck getting Lola done again after Rory but it's the right thing to do

Alvin got it the night of the jab... i thought ste had broken him so he was well introuble and off to the vets we went... then i read the limp is quite common on here and i had to stop calling him bunny killer :oops::oops::oops:

I've just had a good check over of mr buttons and there is a swelling at the top of his front leg....

...worried now...he's fine in himself, still eating and currently munching on a big pile of hay.

Did any VHD limpy bunnies have a swelling??

H xx

I'm proper worried to be honest. He seems ok in himself though. Argh, he's a weird'un.

Hope CJ is okie pokie, is he being de-plummed tomorrow or is it another friday?

H xx

well, he's been a terror today! snuck up and peed on both sofas ans then on my bag! he knows what's in store tomorrow!!

Back