• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Kitts not eating :(..Monday vet..UPDATE :-):-):-)

loobie_lou

Mama Doe
Just got home from work to find Kitt looking very miserable and not very respondent to me or Hawys :( We've given him his SS pellets and some carrot and brocolli (both of which he usually devours.) But he's refusing to eat anything but a choc drop I've managed to tempt him with :(.What should I do?xx

Last edited:
I had this problem with Bertie on Tuesday :cry:I took him to the vets and he had a gut and painkiller injection, thankfully within 2 hours he was eating again ..
Hope Kitt's okay.

keep a close eye on him, make sure hes got lots of tasty hay to eat! If you are still worried id pop him to the vets tomorrow, so they can check teeth etc etc.

Glad hes perked up though :wave:

I've changed his litter tray so I can monitor his poops,he's producing some cecotropes at the moment.He's sitting up grooming himself.Vets said to monitor him tonight and take him to the vet tomorrow for his teeth checking.So I'll be on a one hour watch tonight then :( Anything to make sure my boys ok,god I'll be gutted if he's not :( xx

have something to eat Kitt!

can you tempt him with some cooled boiled water to drink? and a tummy rub.

I'm still really worried about him :( He's done a few cecotropes but not eaten them :( Hawys has made him carrot and brocolli smoothies and he's reluctantly taking it thru the syringe.He went crazy for warm water!!I'm so so worried about him.Please send him your spare vibes.He will be going to the vet first thing,because he's still grooming himself and he ate all his food this morning.xx

I'm still really worried about him :( He's done a few cecotropes but not eaten them :( Hawys has made him carrot and brocolli smoothies and he's reluctantly taking it thru the syringe.He went crazy for warm water!!I'm so so worried about him.Please send him your spare vibes.He will be going to the vet first thing,because he's still grooming himself and he ate all his food this morning.xx

hopefully the warm water will help things go through his tummy nice and easily and he'll perk up soon, vibes for gorgeous little Kitt x

I'm gutted i gave my spare recovery food to a careless friend who wouldn't take her rabbit to the vet :( We've made our own make shift recovery food and he's taking it via a syringe.Still no more poops :( I've put the snuggle safe in with him and he's in our room so we'll check up on him every hour.He'll probably end up on our bed- he usually does,lol.Thanks for your vibes people,PLEASE keep them coming though.I'll keep you all informed xx

Kitts not much better this morning :( He's stayed in the same spot all night-laid in the corner of is cage with his paws on the snuggle safe :( He's not eaten anything and,when i inspected him,i noticed wetness all under him.Took him out of his cage and cleaned him up and he seemed fiery but couldn't wait to return to the corner of his cage and looks all sad again :( He's going to the vets for 8.30am.I can't help thinking I'm going to lose him :( :( xx

I'm so upset :( I completely love Kitt to bits.He's gone through so much...and it's his first birthday today :( The last bunny I had to be behaving like this was put to sleep :( Please don't let them take Kitt away from me :( xx

Your doing the right thing getting him to the vet and you have made sure that he had eaten a little and drank. I'm sure your vet will do everything they can.

sending loads of vibes

awww poor Kitt - I feel quite attached to him too after all he's been through :( I always syringe mine some infacol followed by warm kettle water with asprin in when they go like this (I can't get to vets easily) - 10ml then an hour's break, then another 10ml - they are usually much better after a couple of hours of that but they need the vets if not. Hope he'll be OK :(

Back