• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

marble home, but not eating now UD EATING

kathryn773

Warren Scout
Marble has been castrated this afternoon, He (still not used to calling him a he) was handed back with a positive feedback of health, wee, poo, eat and drink all ok. He had been given the pellets i'd left with them and the pot was now empty.

Since he's been home he hasnt eaten anything, will he need to rest like us? humans? I opened the pellet tin, which usualy brings the buns running - he lifted his head and that was all, i have touched his nose with cauliflower, pellet, hay and apple, all sniffed but refused. there are 4 pellets in his bowl and he's not taken that either.
Am i being impatient?

Last edited:
yes, had a painkiller and antibiotic.
Have rung the vets, as he has poo'd adn wee'd at home i have to monitor him overnight and take him first thing tomorrow if he doesnt start to eat.

They can be slow to resume eating after an op, even the greedy ones. Just keep offering things and if you're really concerned, phone the vet for advice as obviously you dont want him going into stasis.

You could try mushing some pellets up with a little warm water to tempt him. when mine wouldn't eat I persuaded her by mincing up some herbs really fine and squeezing a grape over them, and she couldn't resist. best of luck.

Try not to worry too much at the moment esp as he's eaten, drunk and pooped since the op. Some buns take a while to eat post-op. Fingers crossed for you.

:lol::lol: he is eating, hay, some pellets and a little bit of cauli leaf.
Now, HOW do i stop him fiddling with his wounds? TBH i am not sure if he is eating first poos or nibblin wounds.
Its going to be a long long night!

I am pleased to say in himself Marble is eating drinking and moving about the dining room absolutley fine, thank you .
He seems to be leaving his wound alone now, it was a lonnnng night! However, he is really not as happy to be handled as he was pre-op, he was never keen on being picked up, but would bound over for a nuzzle and fuss. not now! he HATES being turned over for inspection, perhaps he thinks i will turn him over at every opportunity.
He is back at the vet for a check up first thing tomorrow morning (sat).

Back