• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Giant with smaller breed help please

Julia123

Warren Veteran
Hi

I'm after advice please from people who have bonded a giant with a smaller breed.

I will be bonding Bungle & Nushka

Untitled-1.jpg

Bungle is about 4.5kg (so far) and Nushka is about 2.9kg I don't know how long Bungle has been neutered. They are both feisty with lots of personality.... any advice?? :shock:

i'm no expert but can comment on our experience. When we had Rory :cry:and Lola together we didn't have any major issues. She weighs 6kg (giant conti) and Rory weighed 4.5kg. The only problem was when Rory was mounting her he had to grip harder to stay on:roll::oops: this led to Lola losing a far bit of fur. I remember asking Sooz if size mattered:lol: and she said as long as it wasn't a conti and a nethie the bonding would probably follow the usual path.

Not much help i'm afraid

clip their nails a few days before.......wear lots of padding including oven gloves. Get aunty chloe, Abi & me round for bonding/pizza.

clip their nails a few days before.......wear lots of padding including oven gloves. Get aunty chloe, Abi & me round for bonding/pizza.

Ok so you free tomorrow :lol::lol::lol::lol: I've just put one each in a dog crate and now trying to fathom out runs so they have a min 20cm gap between bars at all times... Nushka is being a little feisty to say the least :shock:

:wave: Good luck hun. Im here for moral support if you need me :) Pizza sounds good though :lol:

:wave: Good luck hun. Im here for moral support if you need me :) Pizza sounds good though :lol:

Thank you :D I have no idea how long he has been neutered so have decided that I may as well let them live next door to each other for a while and get used to smells. I need more play pen panels - this isn't going to work with the 6 I have :shock::lol::lol:

I have a six one if you want to borrow it, dont need it right now. It isnt the highest one though :) Its in the shed :)

I've a bonded frenchie and nethie. The frenchie is really easy going and the nethie is a little :evil:
They spent several months living alongside each other whilst the frenchie recovered from 3 ops in one month, and I literally just took the barrier between them away :)shock:this was before I joined this forum and was the first bonding I ever did) and they were fine straight away.
Sorry I can't really offer any useful advice, but thought it would be helpful for you to see a success story:D

I have the net that goes over the top, think they are two footish. Not sure why I have them :lol:

are you going to the car booty? I have 3 3 foot ones you could borrow & a net that I still haven't worked out how it's supposed to go over the top (I need the fourth panel to stop sooty breaking into the spare room)

are you going to the car booty? I have 3 3 foot ones you could borrow & a net that I still haven't worked out how it's supposed to go over the top (I need the fourth panel to stop sooty breaking into the spare room)

heya, my dog kennel & run thingamy is coming sat between 9 & 10 and then they are putting it up for me, told Chlo I would pop up after if you still there and you can all come back to mine for a warm and a cuppa :D (tis only up road - Bassets Pole now not Studley) So yeah if you could bring them that would be fab :D:D:D THANK YOU :D:D

Steph, thanks so much for the offer but think they may be too low at 2ft. Will deffo pop and see you soon tho :D:D
xx

Buns are now in 4' crates with smallish runs but think its worth it to get them to get to know each other through bars. Will give them run time tomorrow :D

Oh and BB Mommy - thank you for that - gives me a positive vibe :D

Back