• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mini Lop / Dwarf Lop can someone clarify with pictures

oscarbunny

Warren Veteran
As title says... what is the difference i really dont understand.

Someone said you can tell by the shape of their head. well my opal has a very round head, but Polo has a pointy head, so that distinction isnt great :lol: as they are sisters.

Dwarf lops are more average sized than their name suggests and mini's are much smaller [generally!] - have you weighed them? They might be crossed with something else, so who knows!

Im sure Jill wrote down on their adoption forms that they were Dwarf Lops.
They are a bit bigger than my dutch boys, so i would say heavier.

I think Polo is different, i dont think she is supposed to have a pointy face but she does. :love:

nope they can vary greatly ...they look like dwarf loppies to me..my kibbles had a flat face like shed run into a wall..but ive seen some with pretty pointy faces.....odd isnt it?

As title says... what is the difference i really dont understand.

Someone said you can tell by the shape of their head. well my opal has a very round head, but Polo has a pointy head, so that distinction isnt great :lol: as they are sisters.

Then one is a better example of the breed as written in the breed standard.....:?:?:?

lilly was a mini lop. minis are much smaller than swarves. they are often sold as minis but trn out to be dwarves x

PeanutButter017Small.jpg

there peanut. You can clearly see the shape of his head is alot rounder

Polos head is so silly

you can see her pointy face in this pic, its her nose i think :lol:

STA72960.jpg

STA70026.jpg

yet opal has a fatter, rounder head :lol:

STA72683.jpg

Back