• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I have "problem solving" bunnies!!!

Teepee

Mama Doe
I found a baby cherry tomato in the fridge and (after checking they were okay for rabbits) was about to give it to my 2 little buns when I noticed an empty "variety cereal" box on the side...

In the name of "amusing my rabbits" (and secretly because I wanted to know what they'd do!:oops:) I popped tomato in box and put it on the floor. Within seconds they'd "come to investigate" and both took it in turns to try and stick their head in to get the tomato - nope! Box not big enough!:lol:

Plan 2: They threw the box like things possessed around the room before going to "peep" whether the tomato was still inside - it was...Until Sage took it upon herself to throw the box (I think in a bit of a temper!) with such force that out rolled their "prize".:D

Cue a game of "chase the tomato" around the room trying to get a bite out of it...THIS went on for some time until they discovered that if they trapped the tomato between them it couldn't roll away.:lol:

They have now eaten the tomato and I have filled the box with hay for them to play with...They are eating the hay - but keep throwing the box and looking around as if expecting another treat to come rolling out!:lol::lol::lol:

TP - amused!:D

:lol::lol::lol:

I like to do things like that for the bunnys too. e.g I put pellets in an egg carton (cardboard) and put it in with them. They tried rolling it, flipping it & finally sooty managed to get it open when he squashed it against the wall. They also like to play treatball football.

Clever bunnies!

Last night I gave my two their pellets inside an empty cereal box. I closed the flaps so it was sealed shut and they spent ages flipping it about. They didn't seem to get that the pellets were in the box not under it! It was so funny to watch. I thought they'd eventually nibble through at one of the corners (their usual tactic with boxes) but in the end had bitten off the cardboard where the flap slips under to keep it shut. I was very impressed with ther ingenuity!

awww yours are clever - i tried that and all that happened was sorrel got the box stuck on her head and raced all over bumping into things :roll:

Back