• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Clears throat for the worst confession...

kathryn773

Warren Scout
:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:
Marble was miss sexed! She's a he and is not being spayed after all..
I will collect her :roll: him at 4.30 after her :roll: his castration.

no i dont turn her:roll:him upside down to check her :roll: him cause she :roll: he doent like it! i check her :roll: his bum as she:roll:he runs about. I do fell i look stsstupid looking a Mables bum for poo as she :roll: he runs about.

:oops: i was told that Marble was a boy when we chose him.
we took him for a health check, to be told he was a she, as this was a vet nurse i didnt doubt her!

Puck was a boy, also according to a vet nurse when they were registered, however she later gave birth to two bunsicles.

I also have Molly who is a boy, but he was too young for me to sex when I first got him, rather than a case of getting it wrong.

We think we're pretty good .....but

:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:
Marble was miss sexed! She's a he and is not being spayed after all..
I will collect her :roll: him at 4.30 after her :roll: his castration.

no i dont turn her:roll:him upside down to check her :roll: him cause she :roll: he doent like it! i check her :roll: his bum as she:roll:he runs about. I do fell i look stsstupid looking a Mables bum for poo as she :roll: he runs about.

We think we're pretty good at sexing rabbits but I have to confess over the last 10yrs we have experienced what you have.

It mostly occurrs in young rabbits and some are very difficult to sex even to the point that one bunny who was neutered by us had one testicle and one overy removed!. We were amazed but the vet was adamant he/she was a true inter-sex bunny.

Anybody else had this?.

Rocky was a girl bless him for the first goodness knows how long, then low and behold he started spraying I tipped him upside down couldn't see anything hummmmed and watched him mount a cuddly toy picked him up just quick enough to see a little prawn shall we say disappear... He was just a non shower his plums never came down now they have been sourced and removed about 2 or 3 months ago (I forget) and Roxy became Rocky!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: T'was funny o/h still calls him a girl but thats coz he is a sap!! :lol:

My bun Alice became an Alistair at neuter:shock: I picked "her" up from a free ads, & the woman said female bun called Alice. I actually clipped "her" claws that night & never noticed the massive plums:oops:

I was telling the vet at "her" spay that I had all these buns, when Alice became an Alistair:oops:

Im guilty of that too, Gypsy became Gyp after a few months when I was looking at 'her bits' for other reasons.

When he arrived he had retained testicals and I was so stressed because he was totally paralysed I never checked properly. :oops::oops:

I did the same with my first bunny, was told it was a boy so called him max...then to find out she was a girl..minnie moo lol

Not sure how she felt about it all, poor little mite :lol:

I was told Bluebell was a girl by a vet! It was only when I look him back for his myxi booster that a second vet confirmed by suspisions that she was a he! :lol:

You guys make me feel less :oops: thank you!

vet nurse just rung, Marble has come out and around from HIS op fine and i can collect about 4.30 as arranged.
"HIS" sounded soooo strange!

The same happened to me a few months back. I sent 2 girls to be neutered but when they opened her up she was only just pregnant :shock::shock:. So they checked the other one to find he was a boy :oops::oops:.

They were both 8 months old and I'd had them since 8 weeks. I had checked him up until 6 1/2 months and nothing so he was a very late developer.

The buns I usually take on are older rescue buns so are usually neutered already, so I'm not great at sexing them, I just went along with what the rescue told me.

Back