• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

people with groups of 3?

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
It's coming too the time where all castrating and bonding will take place and I am pooping myself! I've bonded pairs with ease but never a 3!
Anyway, I have a few questions with people that have groups of 3.
What do you have in your group? (e.g 2 males and a female etc)
How did you bond them?
Do you find that one gets left out?
How much food do you give them?
And seems they will all be castrated within the same week (probably) how long should I wait until after castration before I begin the bond?
Thanks,
Beth

I have always found that one gets picked on or left out I had 2 groups of 3 one with 2 girls one boy and one with 2 boys one girl.

I know lots of people with happy trio's though :D

aww, I just know it'll be magic, when magic, holly and basil lived together Holly and basil teamed up and picked on magic :( Holly always goes for the bucks :rolleyes: :lol:

Theres been talk of spaying Holly for over a year, I really do sincerely hope she is done this time.

Anyway, good luck with the bonding!:wave:

for a successful bond will prbably be to get both Holly and Magic speyed as well this way when its mating season they wont turn against each other through homones hope the bonding goes well hun

That was my plan.
My mum was worried about them going under the GA as she loves Holly, but now I've saved up the £200 needed she knows that it's up to me although I am terrfied for them :(

I'm sure they will be fine. Chris had a trio of two girls and a boy before and unfortunately it didn't work. That same trio is not part of a group and fine. I think you've got lots of space which I think is key for happy group living, so they can escape each other if need be.

ok Thanks :D
Now I just need to bunny proof my bedroom for teh night they get done (if I do them all on seperate days they can each spend the first night indoor :D

What do you have in your group?

1 male dwarf lop neutered
1 female dwarf lop neutered
1 female nethie neutered

How did you bond them?

Car journey down to neutral bonding space 3 hours away. Stayed in the space for one week. Very little problem with bonding. Chasing and so on but nothing too bad. Main problem is between the two girls.

Do you find that one gets left out?

Yes. They don't tend to cuddle all together only in pairs so one is usually left out. This is usually one of the females and more often than not Rosie. However she is getting better as Honey is gradually letting her "join the gang"

How much food do you give them?

One clutched handful of pellets, about a cereal bowlful of veg unlimitted hay & water and the odd treat now and again.

And seems they will all be castrated within the same week (probably) how long should I wait until after castration before I begin the bond?

I would be on the safe side and wait a month, depending on hormonal you feel your bunnys are still. Some people wait less but waiting longer isn't going to cause problems.

I have a neutered male, and two spayed females in my trio. Had two together to begin with then added another female. Sometimes i worry that Nala gets left out but then i have been seeing her and Fifi grooming each other. They dont seem to gang up on each other at all.. simba just chases his girls around sometimes but not aggressively.
When i bonded them i had fifi in one pen and the other two in another so that they could see each other for about a week. I also swapped them over into each others areas for a few hours some days to get used to each others smells too. Once i was ready i used a room none of them had been in and added loads of yummy hay/grass samples from THE and put them all in. Luckily there was no aggression or fights.. just a bit of chasing and laying down. I left them together about 4 hours then cleaned their room, reoganised it and added lots of new things.. then put them all in there and they have been fine since :D
Food wise they get one handful of pellets each morning to share between them.. the rest of the time they get lots of different hay/grasses and some veg at night.

Thanks for the info :D I'm just worried beacuse Holly hates allf emale bunnies and I don't know if it will change when she is spayed

Thanks for the info :D I'm just worried beacuse Holly hates allf emale bunnies and I don't know if it will change when she is spayed

The majority of females will settle down once they are speyed. From my own experience bonding neutered females is a lot easier than unneutered ones.

I have a group of 3 boys, 2 I put together when quite young and they instantly loved each other, they are now neutered and Oscar (sterile nethie) got kicked out when Boo had her babies and shared a run with the big boys but they weren't keen on him in the hutch, one day I found them both grooming him in the hutch! So there we have it 3 boys and I don't ever think 1 gets left out.

xxx

Hiya, just tagging onto this thread if you don't mind :) I currently have 2 buns, two females and one male (possibly getting another male to help the dynamics). My question would be, would it be better to bond them all together or bond one male-female pair then another? I'm worried about my girls. Lene has lost a fair bit of fur through sticking her head in Martha's cage. Also, how easy would it be to add a single bun after a bond?

I guess I just want to know what your opinions are on the best way to do this. All mine are spayed/neutered.

MOVED TO NEW TOPIC

x x x

Last edited:
Below is a copy of a post I made last year:)
To update it- I have now built them an enclosure which has both hutches in it. They still never fight. Daisy almost always has one of the others with her and the other wil be on her own but thisn swaps about so frequently throughout the day I don't feel one is left out or bullied.

I have 3 girls. 2, Rose and Bluebell are unneutered rescue bunnies who were introduced to each other in July at the rescue. I don't know their personal bonding story. Bluebell is more dominant but they get along fine and live in the same hutch.
Daisy is my neutered, originally VERY dominant female who was actually a PAH rabbit. I only got her in June, at PAH she was separated from the other girlies as she was 'too bossy'. She has her own hutch
When I first introduced them all, just 2 weeks after Daisy's spay, it was a complete fur flying disaster with Daisy attacking both.
After that I daren't let them near each other so either R and B were loose in the garden and D in the run, or vice versa. At least they got used to each other's scent and sight.
After reading on here and on the web, I left it a few weeks like that then decided to try the neutral territory bonding method. My intentions were purely to get them all out enjoying the garden together, not that all 3 would live together.
I used the bath, and it only took 3 sessions- at first there was a bit of squabbling, nothing too nasty, between Daisy and Bluebell but Bluebell seemed to accept they Daisy (the spayed one!) could be the boss.
It's been 3 weeks now, and they all spend anything between 1 and 10 hours together in the garden a day. I leave both hutches open and often they will be sitting in each other's hutches. At night Daisy goes into her own hutch. They don't fight at all.
My personal theory is that Daisy is so dominant naturally - she is also much bigger than them, she is a beautiful big English Spot- but that the spay has evened things out a bit, and she is now happy to tolerate the other two.
I just hope it lasts.
Good luck!!

Back