• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rosie had to visit the angels

skeleton

Alpha Buck
Had to get my wee rabbit put to sleep this morning,she wasn,t getting better and the different treatments weren't working.I'm so sad.I was blubbering and so was the vet almost.They have a tough job.I rescued Rosie from a cruel neighbour about 2 years ago.She was constantly in a filthy hutch,never petted,stocked up on food and water for at least 3 days and annoyed by the daughter.They got a bit of a tongue lashing after they gave me the bunny and the rest was history.Well it wasn't.She was great with the other rabbits and guinea pigs etc but people she didn't like at all and i don't blame her.I eventually gained her trust to pet her some and take food out of my hand.She had become a house rabbit and her and the dog would lie in front of the fire enjoying the heat.She didn't like getting lifted but once i had her she liked it and i could check her over and trim her claws etc.My wee nephew loved her too,he loves all my babettes.He has 2 budgies but when he is here he helps me clean the cages,feed and water them,round them up if they are out,etc.I teach him to love and respect them,I taught him to like books.He knows a lot of bits and pieces about animals and teaches me,he is 11.He's coming to stay today but knows that Rosie has had to visit the angels.He will try and make me laugh and cheer me up.Him and my babettes are my special friends.They accept me for me and love me for me.That i thank them for.

Im so sorry of your sad news. Ive just had exactly the same. I took my rabbit to the vet this morning for his op to be neutered to give him a better life so he could have a companion and the vet called me about half housr ago to say he had lost him. He tried everything all the emergancy procedures but couldnt bring him back. i feel like my world has just fallen apart. I keep thinking if only i haadnt taken him. We had noses kisses this morning as i left him with them. I feel like ****! :(:angel:

Hey Rachel i'm so sorry about your bunny too.I know it's no use saying it cos you'll still feel guilty about it,just like me,but you were doing something which would have helped the wee rabbit in the long run,you weren't intentionally trying to do any harm to him.Sometimes wee creatures like rabbits etc are weaker with anaesthetic.I had a gerbil that had a tumour removed under anaesthetic, of course,tiny wee thing and she was great.Sometimes it happens.No ones fault especially not yours.Thinking of you too.Sending hugs xxxx

Im so sorry of your sad news. Ive just had exactly the same. I took my rabbit to the vet this morning for his op to be neutered to give him a better life so he could have a companion and the vet called me about half housr ago to say he had lost him. He tried everything all the emergancy procedures but couldnt bring him back. i feel like my world has just fallen apart. I keep thinking if only i haadnt taken him. We had noses kisses this morning as i left him with them. I feel like ****! :(:angel:

Oh no, you poor thing. We lost our bunny Rory very recently due to a severe reaction to his VHD jab. I know how your feeling, you thought you were doing what's best for him. Please don't blame yourself, i know that's easier said than done and i did a fair bit of blaming myself but it did me no good. You were being a good bunny mummy. Try and remember all the good times you shared. my thoughts are with you x

Back