• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Did something scare them?

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
:? I'm abit worried about my buns.
Usually I come out in the morning to feed them and they ignore me until I bring them their pellets, but today when I openend the shed door Blitzen hopped over to me and climbed into my lap, I held him for abit (like a baby lol ) and then but him back on my knee and he wouldn't go back in his shed so I let him follow me to the feed shed and then when I got his pellets he went back into his shed.
As I was going to Holly's shed she ran out into the runa dn jumped into the mesh ???? and then ran back in and demanded nose rubs off me :? I fed her and she seemed ok, then i went to Magic and whilst I was trying to find her bowl amongst up-turned litter trays and piels of hay :roll: she kept nudging my arm so I stopped to stroke her.

Usually when I try and stroke them they either growl, run off or kick me :rolleyes: :lol: So I was wondering if something had scared them? :?

I'm no expert, but it sounds as if something possibly could have spooked them.
What you have described is exactly how Tigger behaves when he goes into 'mummy mummy' mode after a fright. Any other time its growls, bites & lunges :shock:

At first I thought Blitzen might be ill, but then with the girls doing it aswell I thought it could be a scare. We've had things in our garden before but their sheds and hutch are very secure :)

would the bunnies be scared of a rat? We have a rat in our garden (lived in teh compost bin until my mum poured jay's fluid down there :rolleyes:) but we haven't seen it for a while, our good-for-nothing cat is only interested in sleeping on the shed roof so the rat doesn't have much to worry about :rolleyes:

I would think, that if it was a rat, said rat would have had to go to all sheds to scare them all...I am wondering if maybe some form of noise may be more the case?:?

TP;)

beth once a rat bit peanut bottom and he nearly has 2 have his tail removed!
so yeh they do scare them! xxxx

what can I do about them? I don't want to put poison down as it may kill other animals etc and my cat doesn't scare them off :rolleyes:

I doubt they were scared, they'd be even more nervous if so. Perhaps they were in a good mood this morning :)

Double check nothing can get in anyway - mesh/locks etc.

nope, my buns eat before I do :lol:
Their hutches have the 'fox proof' mesh on it and they have locks on their cages, maybe it's just the warm weather lol. I'm glad they aren't scared though, maybe they'll be cuddly tomorrow :lol:

Back