• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Post spay advise - UD.. she's been done and is home

Gingypig

Alpha Buck
Hi

Just want to prepare for Boo's spay.

Obviously I will have her inside for a few days... but how long is best??

I am going to have her in the kitchen as we will have my folks dog, who would never ever hurt any small animal but Boo is not altogether too fond of, so we can shut the door to keep the dog out, also will be turning the radiator off in that room???

What should i bed her on, is vetbed ok?

Thanks
Jos
xx

Last edited:
Hi vetbed will be fine, I used those Puppy training pads you can buy. Just don't bed her on hay or it'll stick to her wound. If she's used to being outside I would turn the radiator off but keep an eye on her as the anaesthetic can make it harder to regulate their temperature. Expect her to be pretty quiet the first day or so, my bun didn't eat for a day and I finally got her to eat with grated carrot... looking back I think she was in pain so if you think she is in discomfort don't be afraid to ring the vets for advice. The painkiller they give normally lasts 24hrs I think.

Good luck, I'm sure she'll be fine :)

Oh, just realised it's you! Jos! How are your gorgeous babies???? I'm still trying to forget them, and not come back south for them lol!! More pics please :D

Kathryn x

Hey Kathryn :wave:

Oh the babies are wonderful!! Henry (the dad, don't worry he's neutered now!) got in with them, he's such a darling not a bad bone in his body bless him, i'm hoping for a huge bonded group! Wish all bunnies were as soft as Hen! :D

They are 8 weeks now, i can't believe it!

xxx

Well Boo has been at the vets today and she had been spayed with no problems, she's now in the kitchen recovering. :D

(((gentle hugs))) to Boo, hope she has a fast recovery, Honey was so well when I had her done that I wasn't convinced they'd even done anything to her :lol:

(((gentle hugs))) to Boo, hope she has a fast recovery, Honey was so well when I had her done that I wasn't convinced they'd even done anything to her :lol:

Thank you. I hope Boo is the same. She is sitting quietly but that pretty normal for her. Going to try ans tempt her to eat later.

xxx

Glad she's ok :D I can confirm that me and Gemma had to check Honey's underbelly as we didn't believe she'd had anything done!!!!

Sending vibes and ((hugs)) for Boo's recovery and mega ((((((hugs))))) to the babies :love:

Back