• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Too Much Veg ??

gillmanning

Alpha Buck
My two litte rabbits love certain veg, but not others. They don't seem to like carrots - is this normal ? But they love water cress and broccoli. I've also tried them on cabbage, courgette, green beans and they don't seem to like anything except water cress and broccoli - they have them every night. Is it ok for them to have these every night? Any other suggestions of favourite bunnie veg? How much should I give them every day? Any advice on bunnie veg food (variety and quantity) from expert bunnie keepers would be much appreciated. Thanks.

cherry tomatoes
peppers
rocket
spinach
savoy cabbage
round lettuce
Floreffe italian lettuce mix
celery
cucumber
Kale
spring greens
basil
parsley
coriander
cauliflower leaves
mint
brussel sprouts

I cant see an issue with the watercress daily but you need to take care with brocolli as its high in calcium and can cause bladder sludge in large quantities.

Remember to introduce new vegetables gradually in small amounts so as not to upset their tummies.

the vet told me i should be feeding the higher in fiber veg today instead of watercress.... and thats alvins favourite too :cry::cry:

I didnt mean just watercress each day, sorry :oops:

Mine get a minimum of three types of veg each day....normally two leafy ones and something stalky.

I didnt mean just watercress each day, sorry :oops:

Mine get a minimum of three types of veg each day....normally two leafy ones and something stalky.

hehe never thought you meant that but when i mentioned watercress as a fav i was deffo frowned at then i felt like a naughty child and forgot all the other veg alvin gets :lol::lol::lol: he probably thought i was a terrible bun mom

I have tried every veg and herb possible with Flopsy and he will only eat curly kale:shock: He did eat spring greens but for some reason he won't touch tescos lately.

Jem, on the otherhand, devours anything left - no matter what.:shock::lol:

Is it ok to just feed on curly kale?

Sorry to hijack thread.:oops:

I have tried every veg and herb possible with Flopsy and he will only eat curly kale:shock: He did eat spring greens but for some reason he won't touch tescos lately.

Jem, on the otherhand, devours anything left - no matter what.:shock::lol:

Is it ok to just feed on curly kale?

Sorry to hijack thread.:oops:

dunno but it one of the high fibre ones my vet listed so its good for the teeth

Back