• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much have you spent on Vets fees?

clairen

Warren Scout
During the time you've had buns...excluding vaccinations, Panacur etc?

Just for injuries and illnesses?

Claire

ive just paid £345 in emergancy fees and £59 at my normal vets for alvins stasis episode over the weekend.... so far thats it and hopefully my insurance will pay it back *everything crossed*

mines actually okay, in two years i have spent around £100 on vet fees for illness/injury etc. and i have four bunnies!!

however, i also spent £120 on my 'foster bun' Cookie!

I have had Rosie 9 years and she has only had one eye infection

Rosie and Norman husbun and wife I have only had since New year,so nothing yet but I have spent loads on them as they had nothing when they arrived and so i spoilt them and i am getting a playhouse for them to replace the hutch i bought at xmas:roll:

My dog Archie is nearly 3 and he has cost the insurance company nearly £2,500 as he has severe allergies

Fingers crossed no illness vets fees for buns, Poor Leonard pig cost me over £100 and had to be pts in the end anyway :cry:

And double touch wood my horses don't get ill... that's expensive! My friend just had over £4,000 vet bill for her horse! :shock: luckily her horse is ok now and with extra care she always will be.

xx

far to much take it this way if i didnt have rabbits i probably would have passed my driving test (money for lessons) and have a car lol but what can i say a pet comes with responsability their worth every penny :love: id rather have them then a car in the end of the day :)

Thousands.

Scarily one of my vets has just purchased a new databasing and accountancy system which prints off a record of your total transactions to date on every bill....because some people hold an account. Does not make for happy reading. :shock:

not sure really probably best if i dont know :lol:

but in the just over 2 years i have had them

i paid

teegra - stasis inc 3 days in vets (over the weekend :roll: )
duchess - stasis meds, teeth burring and emergency sunday appointment to remove grass seed from her eye plus meds for eye and 2-3 follow up appointments

plus nail trimmings but done know if they count

also paid for emergency appointment and emergency stasis treatment and PTS of rogue :(

im sure there is other stuff too but i have sieve head tonight

I've spent at least £2500 since January 2007 on my guinea pigs, mainly on three of them and my vet is not expensive by the way! That was for xrays, bladder stone removals, spay for ovarian cysts, UTI's, dental work, abscesses, pneumonia, lab tests etc etc etc :roll:

Around £100 for vaccs and checkups for my two buns in the last 6mths.

enough to buy a brand new car!!!!!! last week £302 on 3 dentals, £100 on sedated dentals this week!!!! friday is mixie day on 28 rabbits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Touching wood nothing so far but then I've only had Arthur 6 months.

Hey Soz do you think you funded your vet's posh accounting system through vets bills? :lol:

December '07 £180.00 GI Stasis (£70.00 of it emergency call out fee)

March '08 £85 again GI Stasis

Plus if you count all the toys gone out and bought her for when she comes home from hospital and during the week or 2 after it must add up to way more.:roll:

There is no POSSIBLE way that I could add it all up.....I have had rabbits constantly for the past 36 years now - and I could probably retire comfortably on what I've spent!!!!! :roll: :lol: Ah well......at least the VET will be able to retire comfortably! :? :lol:

Biscuit's my only bunny thats been a regular at the vets.
She's well known there now!! Definatley a favourite with the nurses!

In the last 18 months, I must've spent around the £200 mark on her. So many tear duct flushes, 2 dentals, a few repeat perscriptions of Tiacil, 3 weeks of baytril and she had a sore dewlap for a bit too which needed cream (which she decided she liked the taste of which made her lick it off, which made her dewlap worse)

There is no POSSIBLE way that I could add it all up.....I have had rabbits constantly for the past 36 years now - and I could probably retire comfortably on what I've spent!!!!! :roll: :lol: Ah well......at least the VET will be able to retire comfortably! :? :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

and kay....yes, Im their best customer so quite likely however the database cant find me by name! They have to search for HappyHopper which is, according to the system, an animal of all breeds, all colours and both sexes!

We spend about £500, on average at the vet monthly, this is for all the animals.:shock:

I would estimate that approx. £200 goes on the rabbits, each month.

No, we don't have holidays, no we don't have a nice car and we don't have designer clothes.:?

Do we regert it? NOT A BIT.

We insured the horses though, they can really break the bank!

Back