• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Messy bunsters.

BunnyBekkie

Warren Veteran
Recently Nibbles & Bobby have picked up on one of Wuzzle's naughty habits and they're not even in the same hutch. They can't even see each other! Biscuit doesn't do it. She's a good girl.

Me & Martyn will spend ages cleaning the hutches out, but as soon as it's done, they're digging it all out the litter tray and eating the newspaper and dragging the hay out the bedroom. We've always done the hutches in the same way, and they've only been doing it in the last month. It's really annoying coz they end up with no bedding, and the woodshavings end up getting stuck in the carpets and food bowls and toys get buried so they can't find them and then Bobby & Nibbles end up either chasing each other or nibbling the hutch.

Any idea how I can stop them being so darn messy??

i have the same problem

Hi, Domino, my female french lop, has also started to dig up her litter tray for the last 2 weeks. She's a stroppy thing at the best of times, but since we had her she has always used her litter tray, and generally is quite clean. But, she is driving me mad. She is constantly digging her litter tray and throwing it around, when I get home from work or up in the morning her wet litter is all over the carpet. She woke me up at 4.30 this morning banging and scratching in her tray. It is starting to cause a bit of stress between my and BF because of the mess she is causing:cry:. I have now put an enclosed litter tray in her cage (the second new one in 4 days). I don't want to because it gives her less room, but after her latest digging episode it seems to have worked... so far.

I wondered if this behaviour was anything to do with the weather changing. Does anyone have any ideas why she would start doing this?

All of mine have been doing this and I put it down to Spring having sprung, hormones and all of that.

Anyone able to confirm this?

Back