• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

please help!!!

haleyhop

Young Bun
:cry:
just got home from work, i have been gone for about 12hours as i had a meeting, and stewie is hunched over in the corner of his cage (as if he was cold), he wont eat any of his veg (which he normally eats without stopping for breath!), and he wont really move, except to move away from me when i try to touch him. He has had veg this morning and has access to hay and water, but it doesnt look like he has touched much :cry:.
He was fine last night ate his dinner, and was doing binkies!
any ideas?

update - i just wanted to mention that it looks like he has done poops

Last edited:
if hes not eating and drinking he should go to a vet... i almost lost alvin this weekend to stasis.. he refused food and drink all day and there was no poops either :(

he became very dehydrated and had to be put on a drip overnight

The quicker you get him to the vet, the more chance he has of getting better, so you're doing the right thing. Hope he's ok.

just got back, its not good, its stasis :cry:
She said the odds aren't good either, he had a very low temp, and she said he was rock hard. They will call tomorrow about 11am and let me know.
I feel so sad, got home and looked at his empty cage, and just bawled :cry:
thanks for all the vibes and support :)

She said the odds aren't good either, he had a very low temp, and she said he was rock hard. They will call tomorrow about 11am and let me know.

they wouldnt give me any promises either hun (alvin was completely empty).... im sending as many vibes as i can make xxxxxx

*vibes*

I hope he'll get through this. Stasis is so scary because it's an open mine field. Hopefully once they get some fluids into him along with pain meds and gut stimulants it might help things move along. Keep us posted :(

If he is rock hard then it is bloat. The best way, according to Dr. H Brown's book, is to use a tube to feed thru the mouth, and empty the gas inside.

Then use metocloprimide and cisapride to jump start the digestive sys., and use infacol to remove any further gas.

But if it is a physical blockage, you have to do surgery, the blockage is most likely at the entrance of the small intestine.

The easiest way to tell is to see if there were any urine or poos coming out since he went to the clinic. IF there isn't, then chances are a physical blockage. You have to look for his surrounding, find out if he chew any furniture or carpet

no news yet???

that must be good (hoping so anyhows) sending fresh vibes for the little man and his mum

Back