• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please Read. I desperatly need help :(

Jack-Bun

Warren Veteran
Please can someone give me some advise?
Right it all started yesterday-

I went outside to put the buns to bed- it was around 9:45-10pm. As I walked to the run- there was fur EVERYWHERE.:shock: Like patches of it all on the grass- all in the hay pile and everything:shock:. Drake kept running away from Josh anytime he came near him:cry:. I think they had a fight! But the thing is they are neutered and have been bonded since they were tiny babies! They have been together all their life!:(

Well- I finally got them into the playhouse, and watched them secretly for about 10 mins! They seemed Ok- but Drake was just sat- as if he was scared!
I left them to go to sleep- well this morning- Drake was still running away from Josh- but finally went into their hutch (which is open and have full access to it all day - its just to sit in) At about 3.30pm Josh was grooming Drake in the hutch- and Drake was letting him do it. But when they came out into the run- Drake wasn't as scared of Josh- but he still went away. He lets me stroke him and cuddle him...Its just Josh.
Just went out about 10 minutes ago- they seem fine, but I dont know if Drake is ok with Josh, as Drake was in the playhouse having a little nap!
Can anyone give me advise on what to do? Or why they are being like this?
Please?
Thanks
Jack x

Hi Jack,

have you checked the boys over to make sure neither has any wounds or bite marks?
Could it not be that one has been trying to mount the other and a little tiff occurred? It's not that uncommon at this time of year. I have two bonded bucks and lately when out they have been acting a little strangely, including mounting. I just put it down to the time of year and keep an eye on them. So long as they have somewhere to get away from each other should they feel the need to they should be fine.:)

Hi Jack,

have you checked the boys over to make sure neither has any wounds or bite marks?
Could it not be that one has been trying to mount the other and a little tiff occurred? It's not that uncommon at this time of year. I have two bonded bucks and lately when out they have been acting a little strangely, including mounting. I just put it down to the time of year and keep an eye on them. So long as they have somewhere to get away from each other should they feel the need to they should be fine.:)

Ye I have checked them and they are fine! I think there was more fur- because they are moulting. They just want to be away from each other I think! :cry:
Thanks for your help!
Jack x

I think they've just had a domestic. Is one of them more dominant than the other? I have two boys who have been together since babies and I know sometimes they will just not want to know each other for whatever reason. Another time they will be all over each other grooming etc. Have you checked bunnies for any injuries?

hiya! i'm not an expert, but i believe these things can happen, especially with males.

it may be just the time of year and it will pass. you just need to keep a close eye on them and make sure there are no indjuries :wave:

i think its the time of year jack,

try giving them seperate food bowls etc for a while, so they arent squablling over it!

Peanut and Jelly had a domestic the other day, he was chasing her/grunting/boxing her..all over a sprig of broccoli! and domino and pebbles have been like it to..

spring fever!

Lol Thanks!:)
Ye- They are fine- no cute or nything.
Mm... I will just keep an eye on them:D
Thanks everyone x
Jack

My two boys have had a couple of tiffs these last few weeks, very minor and over in seconds but there has been fur floating about.

They still cuddle up and groom though. I put it down to Spring Fever....it happened last year too.

My two boys have had a couple of tiffs these last few weeks, very minor and over in seconds but there has been fur floating about.

They still cuddle up and groom though. I put it down to Spring Fever....it happened last year too.

Thanks!

I truly HATE spring fever!!!!!

Hiya Jack :wave:

This sounds like what happened with my 2 bucks, Jamie and Kitt.

They lived together from the age of 8 weeks (I got them one day apart), they got on fine. I bought them under the advice that they were both females - the vet, on the initial inspection, even said they were both does. About 5 months in to having them they started to try humping one another... took them to the vet to be told they're both bucks. They were both neutered and were getting on fine.

I woke up one morning to find loads of Kitt's fur in the hutch and Kitt didn't greet me for his breakfast, he was laid looking miserable in his litter tray. I took him out and saw what appeared to be a small wound. I took him to the vet for the vet to lift his winter coat only for me to see a MASSIVE wound from his front leg underneath all the way to the back. When the vet had shaved Kitt to clean the wound and suture it she noticed loads of other scars... and assumed Jamie had been bullying Kitt.

Definately check your bunny over. I've since seperated both Jamie and Kitt, Jamie now has a wife called Sapphire and Kitt is happily living on his own. It gutted me as they were fine for years :(

Good luck Jack xx

Hiya Jack :wave:

This sounds like what happened with my 2 bucks, Jamie and Kitt.

They lived together from the age of 8 weeks (I got them one day apart), they got on fine. I bought them under the advice that they were both females - the vet, on the initial inspection, even said they were both does. About 5 months in to having them they started to try humping one another... took them to the vet to be told they're both bucks. They were both neutered and were getting on fine.

I woke up one morning to find loads of Kitt's fur in the hutch and Kitt didn't greet me for his breakfast, he was laid looking miserable in his litter tray. I took him out and saw what appeared to be a small wound. I took him to the vet for the vet to lift his winter coat only for me to see a MASSIVE wound from his front leg underneath all the way to the back. When the vet had shaved Kitt to clean the wound and suture it she noticed loads of other scars... and assumed Jamie had been bullying Kitt.

Definately check your bunny over. I've since seperated both Jamie and Kitt, Jamie now has a wife called Sapphire and Kitt is happily living on his own. It gutted me as they were fine for years :(

Good luck Jack xx

Oh My God!
I am going to go and give them another check!! Oh God!
Thanks for the advise and I am glad he is Ok now! x
Jack x

Sorry to worry you Jack, I'm sure your buns will be ok. I just wouldn't want your bunny to go through what Kitt did. xx

Hi Jack :wave: I'm in the middle of bonding now and there's lumps of fur everywhere, if you check the fur you might find bits of skin in it if its been pulled out hard?
WHen I checked Gladys over very thoroughly she has got bald bits on her back and bum, but I expect it's quite sore. also cuts and bites can be well hidden under fur, and I would check their 'bits' as thats where they aim if they fight. Dougal had one of his testicles kicked right off with one kick!!! :shock: the only evidence was a lump of fur with a kind of squidgy pink skin thing in it on the floor, no blood. :shock::shock: (i feel sick now thinking about it)

I'm sure they are ok though. Dougal looked frightened and poo'ed himself when it happened and smelled bad.

I think it must be the time of year.My two boys had a bit of a do tonight.Fur pulling etc.I put them back in their kennel/run and they were fine.Let them back out a while after and all was well.
My two boys have been together three years:D

I had a pair of brothers, Benny is the surviving one - they were fine together most of the time, but one spring morning Pepsi (who was the submissive bunny normally) decided to mount Benny :shock: they were 18 months old, and had been neutered nearly a year - it was just spring fever - Benny gave him a real telling off :roll: So long as they are OK most of the time, don't worry, just keep an eye on things - and keep them well away from other bunnies (my group of girls start fighting when they see next door's rabbit through the fence)

My bunnies all seem a bit mad these days, too. Sunnie keeps chasing Cloud, and my new foster boy starts to thump for no obvious reason and thus makes the other bunnies nervous.
Kepp and eye on them, and check for wounds, but don't separate them, yet. Good luck.

check for blood spot in the cage. Then re-introduce them as if they never meet. To do that, separate the cage w/ a piece of transparent plastic, so they can see ea. other but not bite ea. other. Do that for 1 week.

Then release them in the backyard in 2 different spot, see how they interact when they run into ea. other as they are hopping around. The release at the backyard should be short (20 min.) and you have to sit thru it

Ugh! The dreaded spring fever. Evn my mated couples get it occasionally. I have found though after a tiff or fight, bite marks take a few days to show up or form scabs. So I'd keep checking Jack for at least a week.

Back