• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where do you get your hay from?

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Hiya

I'm finding it difficult to find a good hay supplier. I live in Greater London so not really any farm shops near me. I'd prefer an online supplier who will deliver to the door. Hay Experts is ok but the hay's too expensive for what it is. Where do you buy your hay from and how much does it cost?

try looking in your yellow pages under Animal Feeds. I have a guy who brings me bales at £3.50 each and he delivers them to me for free, thats where i found him!

I buy from a garden centre. £5 for a bag and my bun loves it. Its too dusty for the OH though as he has asmtha and i always shake it before giving it to Bert :oops:

My bun just doesnt go for fancy hay :rolleyes:

I get a bale from the farm near me which I use for litter trays and then I get some from dust free hay or if I'm doing an order from the hay experts for food then I sometimes get some hay from there as well :D

I get mine from a farm up the road from me. £3 a bale. It's a bit dusty so I give it a good old shake before giving it to the buns. I soak it for smokey joe first as the dust gives him the sneeze-ums :roll:

H xx

i've just started using my first bale of hay from a farm close by, it cost £3.50 and I reckon it is gonna save me a fortune. sorry gonna save my husband a fortune LOL

I get farm bales for £3.50 for general use and Oxbow Timothy hay which goes in the hay racks only as it is ridiculously expensive. I get sacks of readigrass as well, they all love that :)

I buy bedding hay from a farm nearby for £3.50.The rest of the hay i buy from Norman@ dustfree.At the moment mine love the American Timothy,piggies love it too:D

The farm I buy from is in billericay and is just as good, if not better than the expensive stuff from Dust free hay. And at £4 for a massive bale it will last months. See if you can cadge a lift to buy it, you will only need to do so a few times a year. Or call round your local farms and animal feed suppliers and see if they'll deliver. Think the extortionate price of the internet stuff is due to the delivery costs. Claire

I use Dust-Free for eating hay but for bedding I use the hay in Jolley's 'Jumbo bags' (don't bother with the smaller bags). It is really soft and the rabbits like munching on it too. It's about £4 and as it's vacuum (sp?)packed, it goes quite a long way too.

Back