• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Preloved Wanted Ads

WalnutEarth626

Alpha Buck
Do rescues ever look at these? Yes I know theres always the 'want a doe for breeding' ones - but having just had a nosy myself alot of them are people wanting pets or companions for existing rabbits, so might easily be converted to rescues.

Anyway, was just a thought :)

Do rescues ever look at these? Yes I know theres always the 'want a doe for breeding' ones - but having just had a nosy myself alot of them are people wanting pets or companions for existing rabbits, so might easily be converted to rescues.

I see the odd free ads one:D Send 'em an email pointing 'em to RR/RU:D I've only had positive responses from those types:D

I try to respond to them :) (or at least I did before my Preloved subscription expired :rolleyes:)

I email them a link to RR and if local to ARC

Janex :wave:

Problem is a lot of people won't pay the £40 or thereabouts for a rescue rabbit, they don't realise neutering and vaccinating costs more than that. People who I've suggested a rescue bun to just won't contemplate spending that much when they can pick up a baby rabbit for £10 from a breeder or petshop :cry:

Problem is a lot of people won't pay the £40 or thereabouts for a rescue rabbit, they don't realise neutering and vaccinating costs more than that. People who I've suggested a rescue bun to just won't contemplate spending that much when they can pick up a baby rabbit for £10 from a breeder or petshop :cry:

I found this aswell Kay:( someone I know just bought 300k house and drives around in a brand new BMW and 3 holidays per year abroad , I suggested a rescue to get a bun and she said no chance am I paying £40 for a rabbit! She said I haven't got that type of money to waste :rolleyes:
She went and got one from a pet shop in the end with a tiny hutch :cry:

I found this aswell Kay:( someone I know just bought 300k house and drives around in a brand new BMW and 3 holidays per year abroad , I suggested a rescue to get a bun and she said no chance am I paying £40 for a rabbit! She said I haven't got that type of money to waste :rolleyes:
She went and got one from a pet shop in the end with a tiny hutch :cry:

:cry: yep, had the same experience. They went off to garden centre and got Daphne who very quickly turned into 'the rabbit' :cry:

Again, it's indicative of people valuing rabbits far lower as pets than a cat or dog unfortunately. I think people just don't realise the benefits of neutering rabbits and vaccinating them, if they did they'd see that rescues are a bargain!! I can't remember how much it was but I know Kay at Bunnyhops makes a 'loss' on every rabbit by the time it has been panacured, vaccinating and neutered not allowing for any other treatment, food etc.

Back