• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding 2 pairs together - opinions...

p_prod_uk

Mama Doe
Hi all,

I currently have 2 bonded pairs, male and female neutered.

Am thinking of bonding into a group of 4 (or trying to!!) - what's everyone's thought on this?

The bucks are both laid back characters.

Also, what size shed would be best for a group of 4?

Lastly, anyone up for bonding for me for a donation to a rescue of their choice?!?! £50

:D

Thanks

I tried and failed to bond 2 of my pairs last year.

It failed because of personalities. I tried Moonshine and Flopsy ( 2 Does) with Dudley and Smudge (buck and doe). The conflict was between Moonshine and Dudley, they lasted 8 days and couldn't sort out heirachy and a big fight resulted in Dudley and Smudge at the vets with nose injuries.

Moonshine will not accept any other bun other than Flopsy.

If you think your buns will accept each other then go for it!

My theory is if it aint broke why fix it :)
Not a huge fan of having large groups of Buns as *personally* I feel that I cannot adequately monitor everyBuns health (pooing !!) and also I feel that there are likely to be bullying issues in large groups living in a domestic environment.
If able to provide a very 'natural' environment ( LOADS of space, opportunity to burrow etc) then maybe I'd do it but the health monitoring would still be an issue *for me*

Janex :)

Back