• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Which hutch/run combo is best?

hiya i have the happy hutch! i was very tempted by the second one, but I'm sure i read somewhere that when someone ordered it, the hutch wasn't 2ft high :? so it might be worth double checking the dimensions with them :D

I have both, although I have the 4' version of the bottom one. The hutches are very similar in quality. Neither have bolts although the top one does have blocks under the latches to stop foxes knocking them down.

The run in the second one is slightly higher I believe so I would be tempted to go for that one. Although looking it says it's only 20" tall where as mine is 24" :? the run height on the happy hutch run is 19".#

Edit to add: the bottom hutch is only 18" tall I would definately go for the happy hutch one in that case!!!

Last edited:
The second one's dimensions are listed as

HUTCH 6ft x 24"deep x 18" Tall.

RUN 6ft x 4ft x 20" Tall

I have the Happy Hutch and have been very happy with it

I know loads have the happy hutch I just think they are so expensive!!!!!!!!!!!

When I got mine they were £110 as they weren't using tongue and groove wood.

Carys, where do you get your hutch and runs from then? I've been looking for a run and can't find anything less than £100 to give the size and quality I want.

well....

i got the happy hutch run and tbh i was quite anoyed.
i got the 'bargain basement' run, and thought ti was fantastic at £39.99 - meant to £79.99!!

til i look on ebay and its buy it now £46...... so i was elad to believe i got £40 off when infact it was 6

the run itself is good. thin wood but thats okay, put together with eye hooks and tent peg type things which is great cus i can take it apart when i need to

Back