• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Bungle has no plums !

Julia123

Warren Veteran
We went to the vet tonight for pre-op check and it would appear he has already been de-plumed :shock: there is slight scabbing to indicate no longer than a few weeks.... my questions now are...

Will this nutter ever stop humming and spraying :shock::shock::lol:

And on a more serious note if he had been de-plumed then how do i know he is not already vaccinated ? He had VHD at RSPCA last week where he came from and have booked him for myxo on 19th - what are the affects of being vaccinated twice - I have no way of knowing !

The really annoying thing is, I had to wait over 2 weeks for him as RSPCA insisted they neuter, but then said they were too full so could I do it after all - WHY did they not just look for his testicles :censored: I'm glad I've had him properly checked over :roll:

To add to that while I'm having a rant, my first homechecker declined as he said i knew more about rabbits than him, so another guy was sent out :shock::shock:

Oh and finally, while I was waiting for my homecheck - to see if I was ok to have him, they passed over 2 very nervous baby dutch girls - uneutered and unvaccinated for me look after as they had no room !! The girls had been dropped off in the morning and they said they could only keep them till 4pm - so with the help of my lovely Dad they were collected and I then collected them from my parents and they finally went to the rescue last night.

Is it just me or does this all sound a bit WRONG !

Last edited:
Aww poor Bungle. That does sound a bit odd perhaps they were just under a lot of pressure. Take it as a compliment that they trusted you to look after the two girls. :)

:shock::shock::shock:

Um didn't we talk about bungle when you came over to my house about a month ago? So if he was only just done........Did they do him then forget?

I guess you should be flattered about them sending out a more experienced bunny person to home check you which was probably prompted by Jane D recomendation & thats probably the same reason that the dutchies are with you but still a little odd to do it that way round :lol:

of an on the humming side I would have thought giant = giant goolies = giant hormones. Might take him a little longer to settle down.

I think it is OK to have 2 mixi jabs quite close to each other, but I'm sure someone like jacks jane will know better.

of an on the humming side I would have thought giant = giant goolies = giant hormones. Might take him a little longer to settle down.

Bungle sounds like he is a giant personality!

I think you are going to have a lot of fun with him - he is such a handsome man!

Vanessa xx

:lol: :lol: :lol: Shouldn't laugh but :lol: :lol: :lol:

Poor Julia!! It does seem somewhat odd that they're wanting to do a homecheck for Bungle and yet just handed over the two dutches. Sounds a bit legalist to me (if that's the right word) - he was on their books so paperwork had to be filled in - the girls weren't so they could get away with it? :?

Hmmm yeah, I was having a rant yesterday because it cost me £20 to find out Bungle didn't need to be neutered...good job the RSPCA gave me a £10 discount off his price for being un-neutered eh :roll:

I'm just really disappointed they didn't just turn him over and have a look :rolleyes:

Anyhow...he's still mad as ever and hopefully he will calm down sooner as his hormones in theory should be diminishing :D

Oooh that is a bit odd. Do you where he came from or was he a stray?..... its not common to get a 'neutered' stray bun, hope he stops humming soon! :)

Oooh that is a bit odd. Do you where he came from or was he a stray?..... its not common to get a 'neutered' stray bun, hope he stops humming soon! :)

He was found wondering the streets I think, he was with them from 14th March. I did think about whether he had escaped from somewhere as he is very friendly and healthy..... but ..... he's mine now......*they can't take my bunny*......... :shock:

His humming has actually got less, maybe he was excited at first, he has more of a routine now - raid the fridge, tip hay bowl up run a few circles round me, jump on sofa - have a wee & poo on sofa, come back jump on my lap and help me on the computer :shock::lol::lol:

He sits next to me like a dog when I'm doing the veggies and puts his paws on my leg until i give him some!!

How bizarre! Oh well at least you've saved some money on the plum front! :lol:

Weird about the dutchies..
"We will need to do a home check, oh but here, you look after these two for us in the meantime"! :shock: :roll:

I like the sound of the excitable humping.... :shock: :lol:

Back