• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

nibbling at hutch

Sandra Q

New Kit
:wave: Have had a thread on here previously about my rabbits bald patches. Flopsy's hair seems to be growing back nicely, however now she's nibbling at her hutch. She's got wooden chews in there and she's fed different veg nearly every day. Any advice or can someone please tell me why she's suddenly taken to doing this, as previoulsy stated I'm a new bunny mum and want whats best for her.Thanks

mine did this and destroyed a brand new hutch & i was told it was boardom dont know if thats true but since shes had a nice big run it stopped , she to has wooden toys to chew .

aslo a friend suggested putting a chinchilla block in so i did & she lovs nibble that

hope thats some help

Nibbling On Hutch

Thanks for that. We are hoping to get the run finished this weekend if the weather isn't too bad - hubby got man flu at the moment! Flopsy's got quite a big hutch , we do handle her daily aswell as let her play with the cat and dog indoors - thats also done daily for a couple of hours. We will have to try the chinchilla block and see how she goes. :)

mine eat the hutches! but giving them a cardboard box soon gives them something else to chew and brown plastic flower pots. bitterapple spray works too. if you spray alittle amount.

Back