• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Rabbits...

Elimy1987

Warren Scout
Hey..
Ive had my male rabbit smokey castrated and am now interested in getting him a companion (preferably female as ive heard its easier to bond them..but not necessarily) I know that he cannot be bonded until after 4 weeks after his op which will be next week :) and I know it can be a slow process..was just wondering about the age thing ive heard so many different things my heads gonna explode haha :lol: Anyhow my question really is does it matter how old the rabbits are that you bond? Mines 8 months at the moment so does that mean I need to look around the same age or does that not really matter? Suggestions please :)

I guess the thing to think about is their expected lifespan. If they become a loving bonded pair, then you would hope they could spend as long a time together as poss, so similar aged buns would be a good idea.
But people have bonded different aged buns together successfully.
There will be others along soon to tell you all about it.... :D

Hello!im from Essex too! If you contact eve at Briar Patch Rescue (just google it) she will be able to help you, she has a luvvvverly dutch girly on her site at the moment who is so pretty, shes been there a while now! she even helps with the bonding! shes in essex x

Bonding rabbits...

Yeah I e-mailed that briar patch rescue place about a month ago and haven't got any reply? I noticed about a month back that the website was down too..or its me haha.. Hopefully il be able to get in contact with her soon

If you have difficulties getting hold of Eve contact AlisonA who may have a different email address for Eve.

Apparently they have changed their website address a whiles ago and I believe their email address too. I know quite a number of people who have tried to contact her via websites and not managed to get through as that site apparently had been replaced by another. AlisonA, Gisela and Gus and Lou may be able to help you with contacting her.

I am not sure which is the real website, if you search for it on the internet there are 3 different sites mentioned www.briarpatchrescue.org.uk, www.briarpatchrescue.co.uk and also www.briarpatchrescue.com Last time I checked the one on the forum listed was not the current one in use.

Two of these sites seem to be active and they both have different contact numbers :? The email address is the same on both of the active websites.

Last edited:
We did successfully bond a baby girl with a 7 year old girl LONG ago when we had little knowledge and they were our only bunnies! What id say is 4 years on i wouldnt recommend a very large age gap. Infact i wouldnt recommend one a few years apart. The grief was so much for our Sun to deal with, shes still getting over it:( It affects their health and allsorts

We now have pairs within a few months of eachother and i feel much safer like that. Its not guaranteed of course, but its far less likely theyll have to suffer like our little girl did. Also theyre going through similar things at similar times, they can keep up with eachother etc

Good luck:wave:

thanks for all the info. Yeah im gonna try and find a way of contacting Briar patch! ...xMissSJx Im from Barking...not such a nice area lol.. u?

xx

I just saw Eve from Briar Patch Rescue this evening, she brought over my bun and his new wife!

The email address which works is: briarpatchrescue@aol.com
The website which works is www.briarpatchrescue.com

She is closed to intakes for a few months but does still have some rescues to re-home. If you like I'll contact her for you and ask??

Claire

Back