• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

friend for un-neutured male - possible?

hooleyslops

Alpha Buck
what are the chances of an un-neutured male living with another rabbit (and what type, ie neutured male or female?) - i have a male who is unable to go under GA due to a heart complaint - is he destined to a life of lonliness or is there a chance i could bond him with a friend? ideas and suggestions please guys. thank you. x x x

I've had un-neutered does with neutered males but not the other way round. Experience says not with another male though, probably an older, very chilled out female.

I've had un-neutered does with neutered males but not the other way round. Experience says not with another male though, probably an older, very chilled out female.

What Sooz says. I think it might work once you get passed the initial humping:lol: -

thanks for the reply - its such a shame as hes a loveable little chap and would desperately like some company.. i will have to contact the local rspca to see if there are any old ladies that would like to live 'in sin' with a very handsome toyboy!!

What Sooz says. I think it might work once you get passed the initial humping:lol: -

i would just hate for him to be continuously humping his lady companion! (even tho one of my neutured males does it on and off throughout every day with his 2 girlfriends!)

i would just hate for him to be continuously humping his lady companion! (even tho one of my neutured males does it on and off throughout every day with his 2 girlfriends!)

I guess it depends on his personality. My NZ never humps (neutered), but some of my others are quite bad

When Sunnie and Cloud were bonded, Cloud hadn't had his operation yet. There was the usual humping at the beginning of the bonding, but he calmed down quite fast. Sunnie is bigger than him and the dominant one in this couple, so she knows how to say "no, it's enough". He is neutered now, though.
With the right female your boy may be doing fine. I would not try him with another male.

My un-neutered buck mounts every girl he sees, neutered or not. I would never leave him with Zakura (my neutered doe) for more than a few minutes as she gets tired of him rather quickly...
None of my bunnies are bonded, but seem happy if they can see and smell another rabbit nearby. If he can't live with others I'd at least make sure he has a neighbor

thanks for the reply - its such a shame as hes a loveable little chap and would desperately like some company.. i will have to contact the local rspca to see if there are any old ladies that would like to live 'in sin' with a very handsome toyboy!!

That made me chuckle!:lol:

TP;)

Back