• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

do you reckon this is ok to live in

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
ive bene trying to rack my brains to find suitable living quarters for when bif n bandit are rebonded....they find too much openess disturbing.odd i know but they do so the dog crates out...he cant relax in it and she doesnt like ther cage enough unless its filled with a cardboard box and she can eat n drink form the doorway! this is all since unbonding its got worse.

bandits improving with his nervous weeing all over the place thankfully!

i wished id had the brains to work out the space in each level....i think itd be great for them to live in with a run atached and come out supervised...whats your opinons guys?

http://www.sure-pets.co.uk/products/product_info.php?cPath=25_82_93&products_id=2379

as opposed to

http://ukpetsonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=405

ideas?

Well if they need security then it looks good. The only problem with tiered hutches is so much room is taken up with the ramps.

The second option does really look too small though.

i was going to attach a playpen to it:lol:
mm i think im going to have to get a new plsypen and let them have their elc playtent and tunnel with fod water n trays outside the tent.

my frenchies have a very large scooby doo tent and they have some toys in there with the rest of the lounge and kitchen and hall beingtheres too.
litter pans food an water are within dashing distance:lol:

did the measurements too small indeed but too high for the area in mind too...

od descisions descisions and theyre not rebonded yet!

The first hutch is 3 storeys spread over 1500 mm ... that is approx 500mm tall for each level ... 2 foot height would be 1800 mm tall. Therefore the height is only 20 inches maximum per floor. The depth is 525 mm, I personally wouldnt go any narrower than 2 foot which is 600 mm as a lot of the floor space is taken up by the ramps.

The second hutch is only 36 inches tall, that offers a maximum 18 inches per floor which is shorter than the first hutch. It is a better depth than the first hutch. Have you looked at the size of the opening in the ground floor level ... ease of cleaning out is not something which was seriously considered when designing this.

For 2 normal sized rabbits you would soon find that these would be inadequate in size once they grow to full size and you would end up having to go out a purchase another hutch. If I was you I would hold on a little longer until you can purchase a bigger hutch for them

Back