• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

ooh, questions!

Lauralou

Warren Veteran
so the little man is being neutered on friday (if the vet deems him ready after inspection!).... he's 5 and a half months and hasn't exhibited any hormonal behaviour apart from circling, honking and ankle biting.

he hasn't been destructive, randy or sprayed and i'm glad he'd being de-plummed before these behaviours develop.

my question is - once he's been fixed, will he ever do any of the naughty behaviour or will he maybe never do them because it was nipped in the bud (so to speak) before they happened?

also, he sleeps in a dog crate, i'll be taking his shelf out so he won't be jumping up there.... should i also make a ramp to get in and out of his crate easily?

got my worry pants on!

I have 2 boys that were neutered. 1 had been very spraying (yuk!) & was very boisterous. After the op it took several weeks for him to calm down but the spraying stopped after only 2 weeks. My other bunny had been very good. He's been a little bit destructive since the op but its just chewing things.

After the op it takes a few weeks for the hormones to settle down so it's possible your bun may behave badly after the op but if he does it will only be for a short time.

My buns have a crate. I haven't given them a ramp to get in & out & they seem fine jumping in & out.

Back