• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Horrid accident: Willow needs vibes U/D pg3 all seems well

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
After years of carefuly checking everytime I move a foot - the dreaded happened today and as I went to call Willow and Damson in from the lawn to their runs - Willow ran straight under my feet and in a dreadful moment I felt her body under my foot and saw her roll over. She got up straight away and just looked shocked but then started to stretch oddly (the sort they do when they have stasis). I rushed her to the emergency vet (alas not my usual rabbit vet) who said that nothing is broken and she seems fine, and gaVe her some painkiller and metaclopromide just in case.
SiNce we've been back she has eaten grass and hay and seems fine and hopped around, spent ages cleaning herslef etc, although she didn't want to go into the hutch area for the night which is usually 'automatic' - but maybe thats just what with all the fuss and going to the vets??
but I am still SO worried - she only had her stomach operation a couple of months ago and must surely still be delicate???? I am so worried it will affact the recently sewn up gut.
I feel DREADFUL about it - I was only wearing Crocs so quite soft - but even so it seems impossible that she is not hurt in some way. I can't go to sleep as I'm so worried about her - I did try and put her in an indoor cage for the night but she got so upset and thumped and climbed up the bars and stared hard out of the window at her run in the garden, so that I gave up and put her out, but now I can't see her and am worrying.
Oh why oh why did she run under my foot?
Get well Vibes for her and comforting vibes for me would be so welcome.

Last edited:
awwwww hun sending lots of vibes, im sure if you did damage the vet would have picked it up.... try not to worry too much xxxxxxx

They have a habit of doing that... *vibes* for Willow. I'm sure she'll be fine, I've kicked Nigel in the head loads of times :)

Awww, sorry to hear about the accident, hope Willow is ok. My kittens are forever doing it, either one of them or myself are going to come a cropper one day.

oh dear....i'm sure she will be fine, try not to worry too much :(

when I was at university I had a house bunny that used to live in my room. We had those horrid fire safety doors that are very heavy and shut very slowly. I used to double check where my bunny was every time I left the room and one particular time he was over the other side of the room so I let the door close behind me. He must had darted across and the door shut on his neck. I have NO idea how his neck wasn't broken but he was fine. It was a horrible shock and dreadful feeling so I know how you feel.

I let my friends new puppy fall on it's head on Friday and I felt awful too but apparently he's fine. I felt sick all weekend about it as everyone just stood and looked at me while it whimpered on the floor :( :( :(

I felt better when she told me her OH had shut its paw in the dishwasher and she had also trodden on him - not better in that he'd been hurt as he was fine but just that these things sometimes happen no matter how careful you are.

Last edited:
I've kicked Squidgy many a time :shock: and he's always fine. (Not intentionally and never that hard, I may add!) and he's always fine.
They do have a habit of running under your feet.
Hope Willow's ok.

Thank you so much everyone - obviously I am not unique in having had this experience! All the other rabbits seem to be able to just nip out from under your feet at the last moment - even Parsely who runs round and round your feet as you walk anywhere But Willow being a little bit chubby (well rounded) is slower and must have just not moved fast enough to run under my moving feet and out again quick enough.
Its damage to her recently operated on gut (January) that worries me so much.
I'm going to sneak out and look at her again in a minute even though its freezing . . . will try and remember to turn the anti-fox electric fencing off before approaching the runs!!!!

Hope the little one has a good nights rest. At least you did the right thing gettingher checked out. Bet she will be fine in the morning. Sending vibes.

Rabswood

Hope Willow is OK. These things happen and you did take her to the vet to get her checked out. I'm sure she will be OK.

Awww, I know just how terrible you must feel.....but I am SURE she will be okay! If she was hurt, I am sure the vet would have discovered it. ::hugs:: Now make sure that you don't slip up or electrocute yourself on the fence whilst you are checking on her! ;)

OMG! That's horrible! I would be in a panic too. What part of her gut was stitched up? My mom had her gallbladder removed not too too long ago, and it's healed up with nothing to worry about. I'd hope a bunny tummy would be the same way.

Oh no, that's not good, but I'm sure she will be fine, chances are you would see almost straight away if something was wrong with an accident like that.

I know exactly how you feel. I dropped Bobbin recently, he is very much a wriggler and just jumped straight out of my arms from about waist hight :shock: and he landed very awkwardly, almost on his back :shock: I was very worried and hugely upset, and all ready to take him to the vets :( I felt awful but after a few moments he was running around again! I checked on him constantly for the rest of the night but he was just fine. Although they are delicate they sometimes do bounce.

Sending vibes, I'm sure she'll be just fine xx

Aww sending (((vibes))) for Willow. Sadly accidents do happen...Lexie is the same colour as my living room carpet and has nearly come a cropper due to her 'camoflage', not to mention her habit of running sideways, a fair few times.

vibes for Willow!

these buns are just so excitable and skitty, you mustn't blame yourself, accidents happen. the amount of times i've caught bunny with my foot walking and he goes skidding across the laminate floor :oops: i always feel terrible.

hope Willow is okay, thinking of you both x

oh dear. i always worry about that as they do jsut get everywhere dont they?

vibes for willow... she knows you didnt mean it :(

Back