• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Myxo Vaccs

How does your vet administer the myxomatosis vaccine?

• Eart scratch then scruff

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Scruff only

Votes: 16 57.1%

• Total voters

buddabun

Warren Veteran
does your vet put it ALL in the scruff or put a little subcutaneously on the ear first then the rest in the scruff.

my old old vets in notts used to try this for charlie but he out up such a fight they resorted to scruff. all subsequent vets have just put it all in the scruff but all of a sudden they did the ear thing again today

it is supposed to mimic the insect bite (mode of transmission) and provoke a stronger immune response...

weird that they've suddenly started doing this
ETA and 'eart' = 'ear' i am just a pillock :lol:

My vets do 10% S/C in the Scruff and then 90% IM into the scruff......is that what the 'all into scruff' option means or does it mean all IM?

All goes in the same place (normally scruff) but 10% goes intra-dermal and the rest goes in completely under the skin.

How do you do IM in the scruff :?

Janex

Lol, you know I was just looking at that and wondering what the hell had I written. Getting my intra's muddled......short hand aside, my vets do 10% intra DERMALLY and 90% directly into the scruff :lol::lol::lol:

I knew what I meant :rolleyes:

Lol, you know I was just looking at that and wondering what the hell had I written. Getting my intra's muddled......short hand aside, my vets do 10% intra DERMALLY and 90% directly into the scruff :lol::lol::lol:

Phew, thought I'd lost it big time!! :lol:

Janex

Yep thats what my vet does 90% into scruff and then draws out and 10% intradermally in the scruff

TWENTY EIGHT!! yikes that's going to cost. three was enough @ £27.99 each :?

glad to know it wasnt a weird new thing. i remember thinking it was odd and asking the next vets who had never heard of it.

cheers guys :thumb::)

it costs £17 per jab at mine and they come to the house and give the jabs and charge just for them. also they know it as vets day out!!!!!!!!!!!

Back