• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what tree branches are safe & treats & toys

angelis

New Kit
hi all,
i wonder if anyone could help my 2 buns are chewers & have destroyed there hutches , i buy willow chew sticks but these are getting expensive .

i dont know any one with apple trees to ask

i have picked up some pine cones all washed so will see if they like them.

also any idears on good websites for treats & toys they seem to be expensive

they have treat bars ,fruit sticks ,salt licks,

and any idears on toys , they have a parrot rope toy, empty toilet rolls, a play tunnel when there in there run,carboard boxes.

i just wondered if anyone had any good idears on toys & treats

& have a knowlege about bunny friendly trees

thanks
angelis

Hawthorn and Birch are good.
I have some Willow trees near me, but they're in a park.. can't really chop branches off without getting outrage looks... ^^' So I trim the Birch tree in my garden, and the low hanging branches from those on the street. Hawthorn is a big hit with mine. You might want to remove the spikes from that, though... even though my bunnies have never shown discomfort at eating them. I just end up stabbing myself with the stuff.

Apple trees and pear trees are definately OK.
I'm sure I read that the trees that we can eat the fruit from are generally OK, but I'm sure someone told me that plum tres were no good,
Sorry, could only name the two for definate:oops::D

Apple trees and pear trees are definately OK.
I'm sure I read that the trees that we can eat the fruit from are generally OK, but I'm sure someone told me that plum tres were no good,
Sorry, could only name the two for definate:oops::D

That's true, plum isn't okay for buns.

Safe trees and shrub leaves for buns are: (should always be fresh young leaves)

Acacia
apple
beech
birch
blackberry
cherry
hazel
horse chestnut
lime
mountain ash
mulberry
pear
poplar (but not black poplar)
raspberry
strawberry

Safe twigs:
Apple
Birch
Blackberry
Hazel
Hawthorn
Maple
Pear
Raspberry
Willow

BUT they should all only be given in moderation/restricted amounts.

Lola is currently kicking an old cardboard egg box around her cage! I have filled it with a few mint leaves! She is being rather violent with it!

I,too,have heard plum isn't good but could somebody tell me why it is bad?

Boris loves cardboard boxes and treat sticks the most hehe :lol:

Back