• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

can a bunny change overnight??

shel20

Alpha Buck
my bunny bobby is quite lively and u can stroke him when hes chillin out and hes lovely, but last night i put him on my chest on the couch n he started rubbin his chinn on my face..pood all over me then started digging at me..then took a huge chunk out of my arm! it hurt so much and i was so upset! as i spoil him to bits and after seein all kays poorly rescue buns who have had a bad start n just want love and would love to have the life bobs gets i felt really ****** off with the little money!

Is he neutered? If so I guess its just the time of year. Bunnies seem to go a little loopy in spring

wasnt it just grooming hun? they dont realise our skin is not as thick... pearl does it to my leg but i dont think she intends any harm

nope defo not grooming unfortunale:roll:y! alfie grooms me......two paws on my head (gently) and licks my hair and kisses my nose. This was a full on ill scratch u till it hurts and take a nice chunk out of your arm and cover u in poo...lovely

It might be his way of saying he loves you!! rabbits chin things and poo on things to mark thier territory. He's just letting you know you are his. Don't know about the bitting, maybe he just got carried away he is a teenager after all. I hope he doesn't bite again, I know how hard it is not to take it personally when all you do is give them love.

nope defo not grooming unfortunale:roll:y! alfie grooms me......two paws on my head (gently) and licks my hair and kisses my nose. This was a full on ill scratch u till it hurts and take a nice chunk out of your arm and cover u in poo...lovely

oh dear, pearl doesnt love me either then :cry::cry::cry:

he must just see you as his then.... and your arm was just in the way... i :love: demons :D

yeh its really upsetting when all u do is love them! he was sitting all nice then jus came up on me and was all nasty! he always bits me, ill put my hand in fromt of him to smell me before i stroke him so i dont startle him and bits my finger and moves it out the way while its still in his bite!:shock:!

i read showing your hand to a rabbit isnt like showing it to a dog, they take offence to it.... you should get that book why does my bunny....

hes really not being mean deliberately, your just not reading his language right.. watchin alvin an pearl together they do the rough grooming as well as licking.. hes even peed on her

I think most of my buns would put my fingers in front of them to smell, it's just the way they are.

I agree that they do have completely different body language to dogs and cats.

Once you can "speak" rabbit it gets easier. Very few turn out to be cuddly pets in the same way as a dog or cat does.

I get most of my enjoyment from watching them do their own thing and interacting with each other rather than being directly involved in playing with them

yeah it was when i got home from kays, i changed my clothes waiting for the heater to heat some water for a shower, and he sat hext to me fine but when he came up my chest maybe he could smell the other buns on my skin (come to think of it he was sniffing round my neck/hair and that was where id been snuggling a little lionhead?)

I think most of my buns would put my fingers in front of them to smell, it's just the way they are.

I agree that they do have completely different body language to dogs and cats.

Once you can "speak" rabbit it gets easier. Very few turn out to be cuddly pets in the same way as a dog or cat does.

I get most of my enjoyment from watching them do their own thing and interacting with each other rather than being directly involved in playing with them

Me too, mine are ok if you just pick them up but as soon as you walk with them in your arms they don't like it one bit. My OH laughs 'cos I could watch them playing and interacting with each other for hours - who needs hollyoaks?

ahh cunning plan, do you think i'd get away with moving the tv into the kitchen so I can see them out the window? Perhaps I could invest in a portable to take outside... perhaps the buns would enjoy watching too:lol:

Back