• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

after neutering...

coco1200

Warren Veteran
Oscar was neuterd Friday afternoon....

ive already noticed change in his behaivour! when i go up to his run, he usually hops away and hides, but today he stayed at the mesh and started sniffing me. i even went into the hutch and he let me pick him up! :shock:

just wondering, i was a bit precautionary and didnt want him to do any vigorous exercise in the first few days, but would you say its safe now to let him out of his run and let him run around?

:wave:

when my boys were neutered i kept them in a smaller cage for 2-3 days then let them run around the bedroom after that :) so he should be ok :)but you need to make sure there is nothing he can get caught in or on, and try to avoid letting him jump on things

:wave::wave: hi, no advice i'm afraid, just wondering what vets you use being in the Shire of Northampton? my little one is just about ready (though exhibits no naughty behaviour yet) and i'm stating to fret about the whole thing!

oh ok thank you!

ok, hes jumpin about in the living room right now,

i put him with hermione for the first time properly, and he's just not interested in her :shock: no humping, nothing. just sniffs her and walks away.

no humping after 3 days? is that normal?

Vets

:wave::wave: hi, no advice i'm afraid, just wondering what vets you use being in the Shire of Northampton? my little one is just about ready (though exhibits no naughty behaviour yet) and i'm stating to fret about the whole thing!

hi lauralou,

i use the vets in Daventry!

not sure if you have ever been there, but they are generally good.
not too sure about the vet that my rabbits have; hes a bit rough with animals.
hes more concerned about getting the job done instead of ways not to stress the animal :evil:

Hi, sorry if I've lost the plot but do you mean you've started bonding already? It can take 4-6 weeks after neutering for everything to work its way out the system and stop a buck impregnating a doe. Sorry if I've missed something. :oops:

I'd check to see if his little plums look OK. One of my boys got really swollen due to thumping the ground. If his bits and stitches look OK he should be fine. I gave mine cage rest until their stitches got removed though.

Rabswood

oh noo! if i gave the wrong impression, i didnt leave them unattended.

he completley ignored her, like she wasnt there.
after about 10 minutes i thought it was enough and put him away.

and i THINK his bits are fine. the nurse said theyre soluble stiches and dont need coming back for removing. i think ill go to the vets soon anyway just to make sure hes ok and give him the thumbs up.

Back