• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

stupid people/U/D I take it back, misinformed people :-{

mindymoo

Mama Doe
Why do people put ads on preloved saying they want to buy bunnies...surely everyone knows that there are rescues nowadays??? :censored::censored:

Last edited:
People are sometimes just naive and blind i think:( Some people dont think about things deeply or research, its just i want, ill ask, ill get, isnt life lovely kind of thing. Very often they go through life pretending thats how it is for the simplicity factor, and they block out nasty truths. Other times its just a lack of deep thought

It is a shame:(

I must admit that when i bought my first two buns it didn't even cross my mind that there would be rabbit rescues :oops:

Now its rescues all the way for me.

I do like your reason for edit BTW! :lol:

Also...some people ask for free rabbits because they have less than desirable plans for them...food, training dogs, or even just for breeding because they think its an easy way to make money :cry:

Why do people put ads on preloved saying they want to buy bunnies...surely everyone knows that there are rescues nowadays??? :censored::censored:

:wave: No they don't. I didn't, my first buns came from a free add. It wasn't until I started searching the net for bunny advice that I came across rabbit rescues. I think when animal rescues are talked about a lot of people just think cats and dogs. Some of my family were surprised when I said i was going to a rabbit rescue. As most rescues don't advertise and quite a few are based in peoples homes the public don't know they are there. Don't be angry, some people just need a bit of advice and animal education.:)

Also...some people ask for free rabbits because they have less than desirable plans for them...food, training dogs, or even just for breeding because they think its an easy way to make money :cry:

Sad but very true. Someone my family knows (not a friend) wanted to breed rabbits to eat and was looking for some bunnies to 'start him off'. He was politely told how sick he is.

Sad but very true. Someone my family knows (not a friend) wanted to breed rabbits to eat and was looking for some bunnies to 'start him off'. He was politely told how sick he is.

Oh my god has he not heard of Tesco's
:shock: :shock:

Oh my god has he not heard of Tesco's
:shock: :shock:

I think he thought it would be a way of getting cheep meat, didn't think about cost of housing, food, quality of rabbits life etc. I wonder if he would have the guts to kill the buns himself though? When it's all wraped in plastic people don't see it as an animal, to have to kill it yourself.......

I think he thought it would be a way of getting cheep meat, didn't think about cost of housing, food, quality of rabbits life etc. I wonder if he would have the guts to kill the buns himself though? When it's all wraped in plastic people don't see it as an animal, to have to kill it yourself.......

Not to mention having a licence... I can imagine the RSPCA coming down like a ton of bricks if it's reported that there is pretty fur and feet and heads etc. in his bin! :evil::evil:

I dont undertsand the mentality of anyone who could needlessly murder a rabbit themselves and pull the fur off and chop up the corpse etc anymore than i can understand the mind of someone who walks into a supermarket and pays someone else to do the dirty work...not to mention more intelligent lifeforms:rolleyes:

I'm stupid, I didn't know about them until searching for info on the net, now I do, I tell everyone else about them though.

I never knew about Rabbit Rescues until I found RR in an attempt to find out why my 2 petshop bought un-neutered males wouldn't get on:oops:

I'd never heard of rescues until last year when my guinea pig got ill and I went to a forum for help. I didn't even know that rabbits and guinea pigs could be neutered until last year:oops::oops:

I don't think its because people are stupid, you can't research something if you don't know it exists can you?

:wave: No they don't. I didn't, my first buns came from a free add. It wasn't until I started searching the net for bunny advice that I came across rabbit rescues. I think when animal rescues are talked about a lot of people just think cats and dogs. Some of my family were surprised when I said i was going to a rabbit rescue. As most rescues don't advertise and quite a few are based in peoples homes the public don't know they are there. Don't be angry, some people just need a bit of advice and animal education.:)

I ditto that.
I'd never heard of a rabbit rescue until I found this place.
I'd never heard of a guinae pig rescue until I went looking for Dandylion.
I'd never heard of a chinchilla rescue until my mom started bringing them home.

Not everyone has heard of rescues that aren't the RSPCA

Back