• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do you keep your REW's white??

BunnyBekkie

Warren Veteran
Lily the foster bun is yellow. I've tried dry shampoo and it didnt work.

Any ideas??

She's recovering from her spay so I have to be careful at the mo too

a couple of mine have urine spray on them but with grooming and moulting it does come back white eventually:D The joys of REWs

Luckily it's only Magic's feet that get dirty :lol: she keeps herself clean, although I don't have a muddy garden because 99% of it is concrete :)
My main problem is her getting dyed Blue from her wooden toys :roll:

My NZ was a nightmare. He always looked a scruff & was usally moulting & yellow. After bonding with another REW - Suki - he glows:D She keeps him really clean & his litter tray use has improved too:D:D

Maybe she's a secret smoker, having sly rollies behind her hutch at night..... My little Dougal gets dirty feets from digging but the rest of him stays white. I use Daz liquitabs on a quickwash at 30 degrees.

Just to clarify.... I was being flippant. I don't really put my buns in the washing machine! :lol:

Haha, I thought you really did!!

I know he's not a REW but Minstrel keeps his white bits sparkly clean I really do wonder how he does it! But then he keeps his black bits shiney too!
He doesn't like having dirty white paws and spends ages cleaning them! :lol:

Maybe she's a secret smoker, having sly rollies behind her hutch at night..... My little Dougal gets dirty feets from digging but the rest of him stays white. I use Daz liquitabs on a quickwash at 30 degrees.

Just to clarify.... I was being flippant. I don't really put my buns in the washing machine! :lol:

I'm glad you posted that....I was soooo tempted to! :lol:

pearl keeps herself clean.. theres a very deep layer of hay in the litter trays, not sure if the amount of hay makes a difference or not... and megazorb is pretty asorbant too

matilda was always sparkling white-but that wasnt down to me she just never got dirty

:lol:dont suppose that is much help to you though:lol:

My BEW manages to keep sparkling clean, even after he's had a dig fest in the garden he cleans himself back to shiney white.
The only "dirty" bit is the two green lines he got on him from when I painted his shed door last week - go faster stripes!:lol:

watch out. you'll get reported for cruelty!!!

charlie is NOT a REW but he's often pee streaked lol

it jsut comes back eventually (when brian was done and stopped peeing on him lol)

I guess I'll have to put up with a grubby bunny. Her back feet and tail are really yellow. She's depressed and self harms so I don't think she thinks much of herself. She's getting better though :D

I guess I'll have to put up with a grubby bunny. Her back feet and tail are really yellow. She's depressed and self harms so I don't think she thinks much of herself. She's getting better though :D

it might grow out now shes happy hun....alvin peed on pearls head and it was there for a few weeks

it might grow out now shes happy hun....alvin peed on pearls head and it was there for a few weeks
:lol::lol:Doris did that to DOugal, all over his face! I wiped him with a damp cloth though and it all came off.:) WHy do they do that?

:lol::lol:Doris did that to DOugal, all over his face! I wiped him with a damp cloth though and it all came off.:) WHy do they do that?

it was at the rescue when they got bonded... i think he was marking his new property.. thankfully he hasnt done it since :lol::lol::lol::lol:

she had a yellow tear on her cheek for ages.. then it was just gone :)

Salt was yellow when he arrived here, due to the wee spraying competitions him and Pepper used to have.
Fortunately Aunty Jill Honeybunny had had them neutered, so the spraying soon stopped, and he's now lovely and white. Chief groomer, Pepper, does his job very well too.
I find that he does have green nose, as he likes to runnage around in the grass and hay after having had a drink:roll:

Back