• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My brother and bunnies

Jazzy B Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
Right, I posted a thread a few days ago saying that im intrested in giving another bun a home. well general opinion is that I should not bond another one into my pair which is completly fair enough. ever since my brother has been whining on about getting his own rabbit (He's 9 so most if not all the care would be given by me) My mum has said shed pay for neutering and vaccination costs but my brother would have to give me some of his pocket money each week so I can put it towards essentials. My mum thinks this would be a good idea to teach him about responsabilty of looking after his own animal (no he wont settle for a goldfish:roll::?) etc..

Anyway would it be safe to have another bun (in seperate hutch) in the same garden as my bonded 2 if I dont let them interact with eachother as I wont be bonding them? also what sex would be best? or doesnt it matter?

Last edited:
I don't see why it should cause a problem, as long as it's not too close to disrupt the bonding of the other two bunnies :) I shoudln't think that the gender would matter, do you have a male and female? If so then maybe a female would be best incase you ever decided/needed to bond it with the otehr two :)

2 males that are bonded. Thats why I'm a bit confused of which sex bun would be best. They would be a good few metres apart. My current 2 are so placid anyway never had any trouble at all. *touches wood*

The first time I brought another bun home, it caused my then pair to fight. I've also had problems if my group smell an un-neutered male.

Personally I WOULD go for a bonded trio - a male & 2 girlies - all neutered/spayed, & bonded slowly on neutral territory:lol:

Get 2 more! Tell your mum very seriously that it just would not be fair on your brother for him to have just one if you have two..... :D Problem solved. Get 2 girlie buns that are neutered and bond all 4 or keep them as 2 pairs. :)

Well my mum has said wait and see what Jazz's test results come back as before we get anymore although she would be paying. which is fair enough as I dont want to stress Jazzy out either. so depending on the results we might get another bunny. :)

Back