• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What is wrong with my buns?!?!

Pipstrel

Mama Doe
They both have sore hocks so have got them some nice soft snuggly vet bed to sit on and put it in their favourite spot, they have now decided to sit anywhere but on the vet bed!!

Apart from covering the entire run and hutch with vet bed what can I do?

I don't want their hocks to get any worse :roll:

Helen x

Honestly, you'd think if they had sore feet they'd choose to sit on something soft but no! They do everything to avoid it! :roll:

I think they just like me spending lots of money on vets fees!

What about getting some rubber matting? You could cut some equine rubber matting down to hutch size:D I used for a sore-hocked foster & for my English spot:D

What about getting some rubber matting? You could cut some equine rubber matting down to hutch size:D I used for a sore-hocked foster & for my English spot:D

Where did you get it from Angie? Should I be able to get it from tack shops or is it cheaper online?

Thanks

Helen x

Where did you get it from Angie? Should I be able to get it from tack shops or is it cheaper online?

Thanks

Helen x

I got mine from a local horse food supplier - but it's quite thick & loosebox sized (I wanted to fill a room:lol:) - there's various thicknesses though, so you can get an easier to cut one.

I'd look online - it might be cheaper - can't recommend anywhere I'm afraid though:oops:

I got mine from a local horse food supplier - but it's quite thick & loosebox sized (I wanted to fill a room:lol:) - there's various thicknesses though, so you can get an easier to cut one.

I'd look online - it might be cheaper - can't recommend anywhere I'm afraid though:oops:

Ok thanks I'll have a look.

Helen x

TBH I have given up on petbed, Misty does love hers but Im having to wash it everyday...now I just have it in the lounge for when she is watching telly...she never sleeps in her hutch anyway :rolleyes:

Could someone tell me what thickness they have? Ebay have 3mm for a reasonable price and in Sheffield so I could go and pick it up but I don't know if this is too thin.

Thanks

Helen x

Little sods eh - sorry dont think you can do anymore than you have already done by the sounds of it, you just have stubborn bunnies :lol:

Back