• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hutchs

there is a smaller version of them. but this one seems to be quite big. i would get them a seperate run as well so they wouldnt be confined to this except when we werent in and as i say never shut in just the hutch

i ideally want them to have access to outside at all times. my friend has buns and hers choose to spend the majority of their time outside on the grass.

I noticed yesterday that P@H have a 6ftx4ftx3ft hutch for £139. It has no legs though but it actually looked a decent size.

i ideally want them to have access to outside at all times. my friend has buns and hers choose to spend the majority of their time outside on the grass.

Just attach a run to the shed.

Thats what I'm planning on doing for mine in a couple of months

so if i got one i'd want a 6'x4' shed for them? what size run would i need? what would i need to do to the shed? insulate or anything or just provide cose places for the buns to sleep

ive got this for my two i also have a 6x4 run that i have attached to it too. Its only really suitable if you dont have v big buns though. I liked it as it has a run built in - when i shut them in for the night they still have access to the run ( but not the larger one that i have added) - the living space is smallish hence the small buns comment above

The only problem with this is that not only do you risk the rabbits getting out but something getting in. I know some sad stories of people losing their buns to foxes digging into their runs. There is the option of removing the top turf, laying mesh underneath and then replacing the lawn - this would keep buns in and predators out :D

i'll do what it takes to keep them safe. i dont mind meshing under the run but i could also keep it on the patio. hmm i guess i have a lot to think about but maybe a shed with a seperate run would be better. or having a cat flap so thet could get out into the run whenever they wanted

Looks like a nice hutch to me if you aren't having a giant bunny, as for the ladder what do rabbits do in the wild, all ladders are pretty much the same if you are buying one, only when you have it made for you that ladders differ.

I'm looking at getting my first buns and would like some opinions on this http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/rodents/cages/rabbit_hutches/53359 it 6' x 3' x 4' and i would love it. i wuld give the buns access to the run at all times they will never be shut in the hutch.

i can also get a hutch cover for it from ebay for winter so they will be protected from draughts. ust wondering whether it is big enough for a pair of buns

i think im swaying more towards getting a shed. but i am worried about lack of natural light, it being too cold etc

i think im swaying more towards getting a shed. but i am worried about lack of natural light, it being too cold etc

Just going to eleviate the two worries you mention about a shed:

Light - you can fix an inner mesh door, so that the main door can be left open during the day when the weather if fine.

Cold - create cubby holes to stuff with hay so they have an area which is cosy for them.

I've uploaded photos of my shed somewhere which I have done both of these things to.

Other people have insulated their shed.

The decision is yours of course just wanted to comment on the two things you mentioned!

Hannah

thank you thats really helpful! i guess i just wanna get it right first time. any other tips? anything you changed since you first used it

Back