• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How can i Persuade my Parents to let me house my rabbits indoors?

if you had cats and dogs you could use that argument.. why are they allowed inside but not the bunnies ?????

I can see completely why they wouldn't want them inside, they don't have rabbit brains like us... wired up diff x

See my thread to Kibbles.

Gen up on a house rabbit housing site

http://www.rabbit.org/faq/sections/housing.html

Show that you know what you're talking about and you may have success. Parents usually say "no" because they think you haven't thought through any problems and bothered to find solutions.
Buying chocs is a good idea to say thank you after-IF they agree.- Bribes don't work on me anyway!!( Mum to a 27yr old, 22yr old and a16yr old.- and a 10yr old outdoor rabbit) -Sue:wave:

my parents wouldnt fall for choccies :cry:

even if i bring up the convo, they'll start the 'your going uni in 2 years!'

:censored:

See my thread to Kibbles.

Gen up on a house rabbit housing site

http://www.rabbit.org/faq/sections/housing.html

Show that you know what you're talking about and you may have success. Parents usually say "no" because they think you haven't thought through any problems and bothered to find solutions.
Buying chocs is a good idea to say thank you after-IF they agree.- Bribes don't work on me anyway!!( Mum to a 27yr old, 22yr old and a16yr old.- and a 10yr old outdoor rabbit) -Sue:wave:

Or you could say, Hey, I bought you these chocolates! then if they say no, you can go, 'oh... I guess I'll have to take back those chocolates now...' :lol:

think yourselves lucky.... i wanted a rabbit when i was little and i wasnt even allowed one in the garden :cry::cry::cry:

my dad said it was cruel to keep them in a tiny hutch when they should be running free.... very petless house i had growing up... just 1 dog and 1 hamster :(

making up for it now tho ;)

well -it IS true
when children go to uni you do get left with the pets-as long as your parents know how long rabbits live!!. I don't mind - I still have my daughters 10yr old bun.-Sue:wave:

I think you need to think of the practicalities of it.

Why do you want them indoors?

How would them being indoors change affect your parents?

Where would they be kept - would they have as much space as outside?

How would you stop them from smelling / ruining the house (wall paper etc / toilet habbits etc).

I'm not saying you have to answer these questions of the forum, I'm just trying to think of what my parents would say if I wanted to keep my rabbits indoors! They wouldn't allow me to by the way but then we have a cat who rules the house!

If it's what you want though good luck with that :D

Hannah

:lol::lol::lol:
I made my mum a little letter, and the cover said, 'A Little Box Of Chocolates From Me To You' and it had a drawing of a box of chocolates, and inside it was just me blabbing on about dog crates and stuff.

She freaked out and thought I was talking about in THIS house :roll:
I told her its for when we move, and she said, 'OH!!! well, it depends how big it is doesnt it...'
then the conversation:
'but dont interpret that as a yes!!'
'so is it a maybe?'
'No I dont have any answer yet because if I say maybe then you say, oh no you said this and you said that if you dont get it!'

:roll: She's right ya know! :oops::lol:

Back