• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Arrival

Amy104

Warren Veteran
I am now a new mummy to an 8 week old Lionhead. :love: Obviously grooming is a must but is there anything in particular I need to note in regards to this?

Yes I agree about the greens. Also when grooming do be very gentle as buns have very thin skin and it's easily damaged. Try to groom regularly, depending how fluffy he/she is. Also, you will need to get some special scissors if he/she is very fluffy. If you aren't confident doing this yourself a vet nurse will sometimes trim them for you. I had a female lionhead angora cross who used to get a really messy bum and i took her to the vet and then would shave her back end (not totally!) it helped to keep her clean.

Thanks. He's pretty fluffy. I'm pretty used to it as my dad has longhaired piggies which my younger siblings can't groom properly so i always get conned into it when I visit! Just wondered if anyone found any paticular brushes any good or is a comb easier. I'm using a slicker at the mo, with a fine toothed comb for teasing out any tangles.

Back