• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Weeing on sofa!!

angie4128

New Kit
our recently purchased house rabbit (3weeks ago) can hop onto the sofa in the living room, when we let her out of the cage. Until recently, i used to encourage her to jump on the sofa, as i wanted her to sit with me :). However, things have changed... She jumped up today, and after grooming me and generally walking around on the sofa and me, she sat down next to me, with a content look on her face. I thought to myself- "atlast, she is happy and enjoys being with me close on the sofa. But then i felt the side of my leg was warm, and it only got warmer... :?. For a split second i thought "aw, she's all warm and snuggled down". Then it hit me she had just relieved herself and it had ran down the sofa onto my leg, all in a few seconds, leaving me soaked!! :evil:
This isnt the only time though, she has also weed on my bed once before! Why does she do this? and how can i stop her? she has a litter tray which she uses most of the time normally. Answers grateful as would like to have her back up onb the sofa with me. cheers ;)

Charm used to pee on my bed and Desty does it on my sofa. I've not kicked destys habbit yet, but Charm no longer pees on my bed.

Charm used to do it because he was terratorial and my bed smelt strongly of me and not of him so it was to counter my scent with his own. I just had to break his terratorial behaviour and he stopped peeing on my bed.

Desty just doesn't want to be litter trained.

It can just be a baby thing-are they babies? Our Fae and Jo both used to pee on the sofa but now they are fine. Neutering of course helped too when they were old enough

All we did was clean it up and put the dirty cloth with the wee on into their tray so they knew thats where it belonged. It didnt last too long. Maybe your buns the same?

Hope it stops soon!:)

My two both peed on me, my furniture wherever they felt when they were babies. Both grew out of it. P@H do a good stain remover which also gets rid of odours which helps to deter the behaviour as it stops it smelling like their spot.

i sympathise with you here! my little monster is just the same and i hate having to ban him from the sofa but i just had to do it. i can't have dirty clothes on the floor in the bedroom or cushions because he sees it as a territory marking free for all! i just sit on the floor with him now for cuddles.

wash the area with biological washing powder, rinse, then white vinegar to get the smell out. i do this every time but it doesn't deter him.

he still manages to sneak up if i'm not paying 100% attention :roll: (i.e. i'm on here!)so i'm no good at my own rules! on his sofa, i've put a towel with a binbag underneath so if he does go wild, i can throw the towel in the wash.

hopefully this will stop soon as it's "au revoir plums" on friday!

i am so glad im not the only one who this is happening to!

i left hermione by herself for literally 5 minutes and you cant believe the amount of poo she had left on the settee. she seems to like not pooping in her litter tray, and pooping on the sofa instead :lol:

Oh my shiver is the same, thought it was because i'd not bother to train him properly. He will wee on any clothes that are left around and when he jumps on the sofa, when he moves it's like "catch the tots" (as we call them) before the roll everywhere! Have a leather sofa tho so easy to keep clean.

Back