• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Warning: Naturals Parsley Bell

GemmaH

Mama Doe
I've had one of these hanging in one of my piggy hutches http://www.petdealz.co.uk/boredom-breakers-naturals-parsley-bell-p1856.html

When I went down this afternoon one of my young sows was running round carrying the metal hook it hangs from in her mouth - and then I realised she wasn't actually carrying it, it was hooked inside her mouth and stuck :(. I managed to get it out ok and she seems fine but it could have been awful. Just a warning to you all - think I'll let the manufacturer know.

OMG, definitely let the manufacturer know - they sell those in a lot of pet shops - especially a big one that is well known..... :shock:

Poor piggy :(

I've had one of these hanging in one of my piggy hutches http://www.petdealz.co.uk/boredom-breakers-naturals-parsley-bell-p1856.html

When I went down this afternoon one of my young sows was running round carrying the metal hook it hangs from in her mouth - and then I realised she wasn't actually carrying it, it was hooked inside her mouth and stuck :(. I managed to get it out ok and she seems fine but it could have been awful. Just a warning to you all - think I'll let the manufacturer know.

:shock:

I'd notify the manufacturer too. Hope your piggie's mouth will be OK :?

Janex

The first one I got was plastic but I was really concerned when the last one they had had a metal hook in, it's bloody stupid!

that's awful! i did notice that my bun unscrewed the thing pretty quickly but it stayed hooked up out of his way. i didn't even think of the consequences this could cause.

Hope piggy is okay.

OMG just been and took out the hook and it's a proper spike :shock::shock::shock: Thanks for the warning that is disgusting :evil:

Please can you let the store you bought it from know and tell them you want to file a customer complaint. It's quite important to lodge a complaint that way too as this might result in a product withdrawl. Follow it up in all avenues.

Hope the piggie is ok!

Thanks for posting about it. I don't use them myself, but sometimes boarders bring them with them. I hadn't even thought about anything like that happening. Poor piggy!

Please can you let the store you bought it from know and tell them you want to file a customer complaint. It's quite important to lodge a complaint that way too as this might result in a product withdrawl. Follow it up in all avenues.

Hope the piggie is ok!

I will do, thanks for the advice.

Thanks for posting about it. I don't use them myself, but sometimes boarders bring them with them. I hadn't even thought about anything like that happening. Poor piggy!

Neither had I, poor little thing. Piggy mouths are so small to try and see into as well, there was no blood on the hook but it must have been quite sore in there :(

Back