• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Found the perfect use for an old hutch..

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
I had an old two stroey 3ft piggy hutch, we were going to throw it out but instead I got my trusty hammer and knocked the rotted roof off, then sawed the legs off, took the mesh door off and voila! A perfect bunny house :) I put it in Holly's shed and replaced the roof with a board covered in vet bed, i lined the floor with vet bed and Holly won't come out of it :lol: she even drags her food dish in there now :roll:

i did a similar thing 2day with a rubbish 2 foot hutch sum1 gave me! pulled the door off, lined with vetbed n somehow peanut and jelly both squished themselves inthere!

I'll get some piccies tomorrow.
I have a small 1.5ft :shock: hutch my neighbour gave me, i'll turn it into a hay hutch, i reckon i'll take the roofing fely off incase they chew it

it is small but then shelters u buy arent any bigger so they r great for shelters, saves spending on pricey ones.

Yeah I've got 2 shelters made from too small hutches, the bunnies never get off them in the summer!

I just wanted to say I know alot of people already do this, i meant I found a perfect use for MY old hutch :)

Ooh, well done :thumb:. I've got an old hutch I keep spare pigloos and bowls and bits and pieces in, it's still got the mesh on though, saves nosy buns having a chew!

Back