• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Run advice

clare123

New Kit
I need to get a new run for my girl, Marmalade.

Have been using my old guinea pig one which is one of the triangular ones but my rabbit is getting pretty good at escaping from this one and tbh it's too small anyway.

Have looked at the zooplus ones, and would appreciate your opinions on which is best out of these two or other recommendations:

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/rodents/cages/pens_fencing/33111#more

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/rodents/cages/pens_fencing/35638

Bunny is a standard Rex, lives on her own. Would not be leaving her in the run when we are not at home, but would be good for it to be safe enouh for me to leave her in it unsupervised if we are in the house. (No other pets but do have local cat population!!)

Hi Clare. I have the larger one in the second link you posted, and it is good value for money, and you could even buy a second one eventually and link them together to make a really big outdoor run. It comes with stakes to anchor it to the lawn. Ideal for the house too especially as it has a roof on it.

We have the second one too and we are VERY pleased with it. We use it as our spare, when we have fosters and it's nice enough for the pigs to be out too (have 3 other runs!). It's great the way it collapses and is good quality. I would definitely recommend. x

Hi,

I have two of the larger enclosure for my buns, they fight so they need one each. My buns seem happy enough in it, loads of space for them to jump. The bad thing is the cover that it comes with, I didnt think it was a great fit, one my bunnies managed to find a small gap in it and he jumped out. So I bought some garden netting and just clipped it on.

kd1020.jpg

Thanks for this. Is it high enough that they can do little jumps or not? Hard to tell from the pics :?

It's a good height. We have boxes and things in ours which they can climb onto. Our buns are only small to medium - but there's PLENTY of room! :D

Hi,

I have two of the larger enclosure for my buns, they fight so they need one each. My buns seem happy enough in it, loads of space for them to jump. The bad thing is the cover that it comes with, I didnt think it was a great fit, one my bunnies managed to find a small gap in it and he jumped out. So I bought some garden netting and just clipped it on.

kd1020.jpg

oh dear I think Marmalade aka Houdini might make a break from this design then...might be best to go for the one with a metal roof

Hi,

kd1020.jpg

The large one in the 2nd clip is rectangular and it's cover is made with the same weld mesh as the rest of the run, so it is totally secure

Back