• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My small Dutch-cross female.....

Bavarian Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
Well, that's what the pet shop had told the previous owners, and their vet didn't seem to have any objection to that. They bought two bunnies, both females (according to the shop), and kept them in a small hutch. When they started to fight, the vet suggested to keep them in two separate (small) hutches. Neutering wasn't even mentioned.

Yesterday the two bunnies were handed over to ARC, because they had become too big for their hutches and the owners were moving, etc., etc., the usual excuses.

Donna took a quick look and, surprise, they are both boys. :lol: They are almost exactly a year old and quite big.

So please meet my new foster bunny, Percy! He looks like a cross between a giant and something smaller. He's not the size of a giant, but his eyes and head look very similar to a giant's. He's dark grey, or maybe "steel" coloured. At the moment he is still a bit shy, but he let me stroke his forehead and he's quite inquisitive. He'll be looking for a new home once he's been neutered.

Percy4.jpg

Percy2.jpg

Percy1.jpg

aww he is very handsome!!!

and what is people's block with neutering! my vets are always laughing that i have neutered my rabbits... :roll:

His face is like Nigel. He's so pretty. So that's steel? He's more or less the same colour as Nigel too but he's got a big splodge a ginger on the back of his neck and little flecks of ginger shot through. I have been told he's an Opal but I guess he's just random coloured.
Percy is so pretty though, I wish I could take them all..... :)

His face is like Nigel. He's so pretty. So that's steel? He's more or less the same colour as Nigel too but he's got a big splodge a ginger on the back of his neck and little flecks of ginger shot through. I have been told he's an Opal but I guess he's just random coloured.
Percy is so pretty though, I wish I could take them all..... :)

I am really not sure what his colour is. My Cloud is said to be opal, and Percy is darker than that. But he does have some sandy coloured tone in some patches. It also depends on the light. To me he is dark grey and cute. :)

Percy has an appointment for his snip next week, so he'll be looking for his new home at the end of this month. :D
He's such a lovely boy. He does hate food bowls, though. The food never stays in them for long. :rolleyes:

Back