• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Wee Query

MelanieO

Young Bun
Hello,
I used to have buns when I was alot younger but I feel like Im learning all over again.:?
Harriet is my lil girl who is about 5months old now, I have recently moved her and her husbun into an outside hutch and run. She has decided to start weeing up the hutch walls and this morning it was all over the inside of the hutch cover and then opposite side of the hutch like she has been spinning around?
Can anyone help and explain why or if ther is anything I can do? Is it because she is young and not speyed?
I will be getting her speyed as when I was young I lost one of my girlies to Uterine cancer and sweared if I ever had another girl she would be speyed but I was waiting until she is 6 months old.
Any advice would greatly be appreciated!:)
Thanks
x

It will probably be better when she is spayed Melanie :)
My new rabbit is doing the same (unspayed so far) - I've put down newspaper and then when she pees I put that bit of newspaper in the corner of her hutch, (so she knows that's where to pee) and then clean up with a 50/50 vinegar/water mixture (to put her off). It's working a little, but not solved the problem :?
Good luck :wave:

It will be cos she is not spayed and she is spraying,it will stop when she is done make sure she does not go near the male:D

It will be cos she is not spayed and she is spraying,it will stop when she is done make sure she does not go near the male:D

Thanks, have to count down the days until she gets nearer the 6 months!
Why do I need to not let her near the male?

She could possibly get pregnant! So many rabbits needing good homes in rehoming centres more baby rabbits wouldn't be a good idea!:rolleyes:

Oh, Alfie was castrated bout 4 months ago now! Hes over a yr old but smaller!
So thats not a worry. She decided to start mounting him today so she is obviously feeling hormonal!:?

Back