• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Boo has moved out...

Gingypig

Alpha Buck
I have weaned the babies today, well I have put Boo in the new hutch, i feel bad as she looks grumpy but I'm sure she doesn't miss the babies, it's the boys she'd like a visit from!!! Rang the vets today and booked an appt to get her checked over and see when she can be neutered.

The babies on the other hand haven't noticed her disappearance. I have managed to sex them now thou!!!! :D 4 boys and 3 girls! :D

Saving my pennies now to get the babies neutered when they are old enought.

How long till I have to split the boys from the girls??? they are 8 weeks on tuesday.

xxx

I have weaned the babies today, well I have put Boo in the new hutch, i feel bad as she looks grumpy but I'm sure she doesn't miss the babies, it's the boys she'd like a visit from!!! Rang the vets today and booked an appt to get her checked over and see when she can be neutered.

The babies on the other hand haven't noticed her disappearance. I have managed to sex them now thou!!!! :D 4 boys and 3 girls! :D

Saving my pennies now to get the babies neutered when they are old enought.

How long till I have to split the boys from the girls??? they are 8 weeks on tuesday.

xxx

I'd split them by 10 weeks to be on the very safe side.
I'd also try to move the lads out of 'sight/smell distance' from the girls if you want to try to keep the lads together. It might even be a good idea to split the lads into 2 pairs.

Janex

Awww, bless them! Who's what sex wise then - who are you definately keeping?

Well the one just like Boo is a girl, her ears have lopped and she is ultra cute, I am keeping her...
DSC02612.jpg

Boosh, the grey and white is a girl and I'm keeping her.
DSC02858.jpg

Peanut the ginger and white is a boy and I'm keeping him
DSC02831.jpg

Jive is a girl and she is going to my best friend
DSC02850.jpg

Carrot now renamed Jasper is a boy, also going to my best friend
DSC02841.jpg

So that leaves gorgeous Willow a boy
BabyWillow.jpg

And last but not least the most friendly Fudges a boy
DSC02847.jpg

Willow and Fudge will stay with me if none of my friends offer them homes :D

I'm so proud of them and Boo.

They need to be split by 12 weeks at the latest really, as even though the girlies shouldn't be fertile, the boys will be and getting a bit randy given it's spring as well so will be harrasing the girls non stop so fights could end up breaking out.

10 weeks is best to be on the safe side.

They are so cute:love:

Back