• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

looking for rabbits with attidude!

alice the flea

Warren Scout
i am studying rabbits and their beahvior. i have plenty rabbits of my own (29 & 2 baby buns!) but looking for other rabbits that have a bit of attidude :rabbit2:, whether aggressive, not happy or a snappy bun ect. i am looking for case studies that can be of help to me and other rabbit owners. if any bunny (and owner) would like to help then please contact me.:bunny:

Grumpy bun

Hi! I have a house bun (Scotch) who can definitely have her moments! She was 6mnths old when I got her in August, and although well treated hadn't been handled much. Not long after having her, I found she's very territorial, especially in her cage, on the reed matt that she likes to chew and under tables/chairs. The ears go down, tail goes up, she growls, charges and bites you. There is also sometimes a musky smell when she gets really upset. You can also "wind her up" (bad I know) by shaking a towel as if you were a bullfighter. She growls and charges it very impressively, it seems to be the movement that she reacts to. She was spayed straight after I got her (September) but it doesn't seem to have changed much.

I did Animal Behaviour at Uni so know a bit but she really puzzles me (was a few years ago though!) I thought she would run if she was truly scared, but if you play matador she keeps coming again and again. She definitely has a "personal space" which you enter at your peril! She can also be very sweet - rolling on her back, nuzzling, licking - but will then also try and nip. That seems different from the aggressive biting though, as it is fairly gentle (the bites & scratches draw blood!) I try to keep out of "her" space as much as possible (e.g. I never touch her in her cage unless absolutely necessary) which seems to help.

So there you go! Enough for a case study I hope!

Harley is funny he hates being watched eating, If you keep watching him he will go in his bed and stomp till you have gone. If he is eating and you walk in on him he stops eating straight away and wont carry on till you have gone

PM Angie65 about Calel.....that should be an interesting study. She has a full body suit of protective clothing just to get in his enclosure :lol:

My Nibbles is nuttier than a fruitcake. She pounces like a cat. She's a mix of lionhead, dutch & nethie so it's down to her genes. She's worse during a full moon too. I'm actually scared of her then. We call it her time of the month :lol::lol::lol:

She's hyperactive and can't have additives, mainly colours. She starts off twitchy, but if she has too much then she gets aggressive.

indie isnt alone any more!

lagobee,
that is indie! hates it when we wind him up by teasing him with paper, he growls and lunges with mouth wide open!!! the rest of the time he is loved up with alice.
it sounds like she is very territorial and nervous of you entering her area:evil: thats moomin at the moment, she had LARGE babies 4 weeks ago and dont like human males near her, she goes mad:evil: on my lot of nutters i have used the serum that calms them down when going to move them or to handle them. also rescue remedy works as it comes in drops or a spray. will look more up and get back. but thanku for a intreasting case.
emily

PM Angie65 about Calel.....that should be an interesting study. She has a full body suit of protective clothing just to get in his enclosure :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: He's just misunderstood:lol: He actually had a tantrum the other day:lol:

Phoebe is a very stroppy bunny! :roll: She grunts at me in the morning, pushes my hand away if I stroke her more than 3 times in a row and stomps at everything!

any questions you want answering let me know my nethie has loads of attitude though she can be freindly also

alvin has attitude.... hes been called fiesty and the vet nurse called him cheeky :D:D:D:D

he steals from the fridge, he beats up the brush when i try to brush him and he now nips me when i hold him for too long, he doesnt fight quite as bad as he used to to be let down unless he knows hell get away... he still buzzes and circles pearl even tho his manhood has been took away and he attacks the wallpaper when he knows im watching and have to chase him away :lol::lol::lol:

Tia has attitude if you stoke her husbun Charlie. She lunges and grunts. Only yesterday she scratched me for giving poor Charlie a nose rub.

Jessica is a grumpy bunny. She will snort at me if she knows shes going to the vets. If she sees the pet carrier she will snort and grunt and scratch me :shock:

She also will lunge at molly if he comes in her 'personal space'. It also takes 1 vet and 3 nurses to cut her nails.... :rolleyes:

I wouldn't change her for the world... shes my own personal guard dog. She will growl if someone comes into the garden.... :roll:

Jessica is a grumpy bunny. She will snort at me if she knows shes going to the vets. If she sees the pet carrier she will snort and grunt and scratch me :shock:

She also will lunge at molly if he comes in her 'personal space'. It also takes 1 vet and 3 nurses to cut her nails.... :rolleyes:

I wouldn't change her for the world... shes my own personal guard dog. She will growl if someone comes into the garden.... :roll:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: hope you have a sign saying beware of the rabbit

Back