• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

lionheads and shavings?

kimd6200

Banned
is it true that lionheads cant be kept on shavings and hay?i know someone that has them n she has carpet down for them n hay in a rack.sounds ok i know just curious as why she said they cannot be kept on shavings?is it cuz they can get matted in their coat or something?x

I dont think any rabbits should be kept on shavings, isnt it bad for them? And all rabbits need hay no matter how fluffy they are. My lionhead makes a burrow and sleeps in her hay ever night and is fine, I just pick the bits of hay off her head in the morning.

thats wat i thought.more hay the better.can just see your little un in morning with a hay head.:Dxxx

:lol: She sleeps in the middle of this so yep she is covered in hay when she comes out

DSC07964.jpg

Here she was coming out of her tunnel a few weeks ago

DSC08464.jpg

It only takes a couple of minutes to get it out though :)

:lol: I buy a bale of hay at a time and after I have filled my hay bin up, stored more in black bin bags in the shed I still have loads left over and nowhere to keep it so it goes into the bedroom part of the hutches :lol: They dont go to the toilet in there so its just used for sleeping :) I just put their eating hay in the open part of the hutch :lol: I only change their sleeping hay when I get a new bale because all they are doing is sleeping in there

Back