• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you think of this: housing

Thanks Jane I really like it, I don't know if I would need special permission off the council, because of the size. :?

I like it. Had always thought I'd like a set up like that if we had more space. My only concern would be if the different buns would get a bit worked up being side by side like that, I know that my eldest bun Maggie doesn't like anyone but her partner too near!

If you can afford it, then I think it's great, but would probably look at some way of making the bottom half between each run solid but removable , so buns next to each other weren't stressed, but could be removed for any bonding etc

Well the bunsters at the minute are side by side, so wouldn't be that much different, I think I would like two of these side by side, but need to meassure up, it would need different wire as the holes look quite big and it wouldn't be any bother making the sides higher.

I think they're great. I would love a similar set up if I had the space.

I would put sheets of perspex inbetween each run, to stop fighting. It would be easy to clean.

How tall are they?

Not sure, I'm not great with measurements, it looks like you can walki in, as they're bigger than the 4x4 up the end. Well, maybe Bryn is keen, cause I was just saying I would want them changing a bit and he said, well you've just been paid aint ya, so perhaps he's not against it as much as I thought :lol:

I know alot of dog kennels are only about 5' high. Which I think you wouldn't need permission to set up. But if they are 6' plus I think you might

Different councils might have different rules. Our triple hutches are almost 7ft high and we didn;t need permission for those and one of the people we pet sit for has 6 kennels in metal like those wooden ones and they are 8 ft high with a sloping roof and they didn't need permission either, but I guess it's worth checking

I get a promotion bonus and it's burning a hole :lol::lol::lol:. Although I asked Bryn for £2k and asked him to buy me some new hutches and he said yes last week, then I was promoted and he said I can buy my own now, which is a bit mean I think :rolleyes::lol:

I will check with the council first, better ask my neighbours too, although they kept me awake last night with a big party so they owe me anyway :lol:

TAKEN STRAIGHT FROM THE planning portal: You will need to apply for planning permission if any of the following cases apply on the land around your house.

You want to put up a building or structure which would be nearer to any highway than the nearest part of the "original house", unless there would be at least 20 metres between the new building and any highway. The term "highway" includes public roads, footpaths, bridleways and byways.

More than half the area of land around the "original house" would be covered by additions or other buildings.

The building or structure is not to be used for domestic purposes and is to be used instead, for example, for parking a commercial vehicle, running a business or for storing goods in connection with a business.

You want to put up a building or structure which is more than 3 metres high, or more than 4 metres high if it has a ridged roof. (Measure from the highest ground next to it.)

If your house is a listed building, and you want to put up a building or structure with a volume of more than 10 cubic metres.

If you live in a Conservation Area, a National Park, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, or the Broads, and you want to put up a building or structure with a volume of more than 10 cubic metres (though it might be allowable as an extension)

in all cases, if your new building would have a volume over 10 cubic metres, and come within 5 metres of the house, it would be treated as an extension. Also, if your new extension would bring some existing garden building within 5 metres of the (extended) house, that existing building's volume could be deducted from your overall volume entitlement for the house, as if it were another extension.

Back