PDA

View Full Version : Transport needed Nottingham/Reading - South East

CottonMather
05-04-2008, 10:52 AM
this is regarding the piggies from these threads:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=121040

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=113547

I was supposed to take them down to their new homes last night, but my car decided otherwise :roll:

can anyone help get these piggies down to the South-East? They need to go from Notts area, or if transport can be arranged for next weekend, Reading...

abbymarysmokey
05-04-2008, 11:03 AM
I could do Notts to somewhere down the M1 if needed.

Would have to be a weekend though (not 13th because I'm doing Notts to Stoke).

Amy

Olibobs
05-04-2008, 11:05 AM
I am going from Leeds to Hitchin on the A1 on the 26th April - if that's any good? :?

chookmom
05-04-2008, 03:24 PM
We are going to Honeybunnys in Leicester tomorrow afternoon to pair up our rabbit and will then be coming back to Abingdon in Oxfordshire.
We could put them up overnight and they could be collected or at a push we could deliver them the next day.
Nicky

cannonwoman
05-04-2008, 04:25 PM
We are going to Honeybunnys in Leicester tomorrow afternoon to pair up our rabbit and will then be coming back to Abingdon in Oxfordshire.
We could put them up overnight and they could be collected or at a push we could deliver them the next day.
Nicky

I`m near Hastings in East Sussex. Do you know of a midway point we could meet up on Monday?

chookmom
05-04-2008, 05:38 PM
You would have to be able to get them to Leicester for tomorrow.
I'm looking at the map for a half way point between Hastings and Abingdon. It will be quite a drive for you but perhaps somewhere around Wokingham/Bracknell would be off the M25 for you and save me having to get on it.
I'll consult my husband when he gets back soon as he has more map sense than me
Nicky

cannonwoman
05-04-2008, 06:42 PM
Ah! I forgot they were in Notts not Leicester:oops:

Thanks for the offer anyway, but with Faye`s car off road i`m afraid they`re stuck in Notts.

CottonMather
05-04-2008, 06:51 PM
I can get them down to Leicester for tomorrow - the car is in a sorry state, so I didn't want to risk such a long journey with the kids and dogs etc., but I'm sure it'll be ok to go down a few junctions... it's only an oil leak... oh, and the bumper is now tied on with string :oops::lol:

cannonwoman
05-04-2008, 07:01 PM
I can get them down to Leicester for tomorrow - the car is in a sorry state, so I didn't want to risk such a long journey with the kids and dogs etc., but I'm sure it'll be ok to go down a few junctions... it's only an oil leak... oh, and the bumper is now tied on with string :oops::lol:

STRING!:shock::lol::lol:

Thankyou Faye if you can get them down to Leicester:thumb:
Hopefully ( Nicky ) Chooksmum will come back on soon & we`ll be able to arrange a meet up for Monday.

chookmom
05-04-2008, 07:23 PM
Hsb says Wokingham/Bracknell or Basingstoke/Southampton depending on which way you want to go.
Any use to you?
Nicky

cannonwoman
05-04-2008, 08:11 PM
Would somewhere near Bracknell be o.k with you, as that`s just off the M25 for us? Would you be able to do late afternoon as i have the vet coming in the morning?

Many thanks for your help.xx

chookmom
05-04-2008, 08:25 PM
Yes that would be fine. Latest I can do is about 3-3.30pm as I have to be back to walk my dogs.
There is a Leisure attraction in Bracknell called Coral Reef and Lookout Discovery Centre. I figure they will have Brown signs and be easy to find.
I am reluctant to post my mobile number but am sure we can exchange contact numbers through Honeybunnys and CottonMather when I go to Leicester tomorrow.
Nicky

cannonwoman
05-04-2008, 08:32 PM
Thankyou very much for your help:thumb:

I will pm you my mobile number & Jill & Faye have my home number so if it`s alright with you i hope they won`t mind passing me on your mobile number that way.

chookmom
05-04-2008, 08:42 PM
Happy to help and happy to have some piggies for a night:D
Nicky

honeybunny
05-04-2008, 11:09 PM
Thanks for all the help with this..my hubby or myself will be driving up to meet Faye as couldn't forgive myself if her bumper fell off on M1..
so piggies will be with you soon su!:D

cannonwoman
06-04-2008, 10:43 AM
Thankyou so much Jill:wave:

Aimee84
08-04-2008, 09:28 AM
Don't know if I can help but I'm travelling from Loughborough down to Reading on the Sunday 13th April if a lift is needed.